13/07/14 23:20 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Grass root members of Spain’s Socialist party have elected a new leader. He is 42-year-old Pedro Sanchez, a sitting MP with a doctorate in economics.
Sanchez who only recently burst into the political limelight must now attempt to turn the Spanish Socialist Party around from its recent record-low European election results.
Delegates still have to ratify Sanchez’s election as the PSOE’s new secretary general at a special party conference on July 25-27 in Madrid.
Wires > News
- 19:37 CET German Protestant bishop wants Islam classes in all state schools
- 19:36 CET Iraqi Sunni politicians reject visit by Iran’s Soleimani to Falluja
- 19:26 CET Pope meets children, says migrants ‘not dangerous, but in danger’
- 19:22 CET Progress on Ukraine reforms can boost case for Russia sanctions -…
- 19:18 CET Italian marine arrives home after four years in custody in India
- 19:12 CET Airbus Helicopters denies gearbox may have caused Norway crash
- 18:55 CET Militants attack ENI pipeline in Nigeria’s Delta – officials
- 13:58 CET Pakistan bans airing of ‘undesired’ contraceptive advertisements