Palestinian medical staff and security sources say a Palestinian teenager has been killed by Israeli troops during raids in the West Bank.
The soldiers were searching for three missing Israeli teenagers they believe were kidnapped by Hamas.
14-year-old Mohammed Doudine is said to have been shot after the troops entered the village of Doura, south of Hebron.
“Mohammed was standing there, he was posing no danger to them or their lives. They shot him with three bullets, he was shot in the chest and he died on the spot,” said a neighbour who saw what happened.
The Israeli military said there had been “sporadic confrontations” during its operations in Doura and elsewhere. A statement said 25 Palestinians were arrested before dawn and some 200 buildings raided.
According to the army, about 330 Palestinian suspects – including 240 linked to the Islamist Hamas movement – have been held since June 12.
Israel’s West Bank operation is two-fold: to find the missing teenagers and strike a substantial blow to Hamas.
Students Eyal Yifrach, 19, Naftali Frenkel, 16, and Gilad Shaer, 16, disappeared near Gush Etzion, a block of Jewish settlements under Israeli control in the West Bank.
Meanwhile hospital sources say three Palestinians were shot and wounded during clashes with Israeli soldiers in Jenin.
The Israeli military said its troops used live ammunition after being attacked by hundreds of Palestinians, adding that some demonstrators “hurled explosives and opened fire”.