BREAKING NEWS

Now Reading:

Frenchman accused of Brussels Jewish Museum killings contests extradition


France

Frenchman accused of Brussels Jewish Museum killings contests extradition

A 29-year-old Frenchman accused of killing four people at the Brussels Jewish Museum last month has re-appeared before an extradition hearing in France.

Mehdi Nemmouche is contesting extradition to Belgium on the grounds that he is a French citizen and was arrested in France.

His lawyer says he fought with Islamic extremists in Syria.

Nemmouche was carrying a pistol and Kalashnikov and a sheet with the name of the jihadi group ‘Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant’ on it when he was arrested at a bus station in Marseille.

The court is expected to make a decision on June 26.

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Next Article

world news

Fans ready for start of World Cup 2014