Rescue workers in southwest Colombia have recovered more bodies of people killed by the collapse of an illegal gold mine, bringing the total to seven.
Thirteen miners were trapped under 20 metres of heavy debris when the gold mine in Santander de Quilichao caved in on the night of Wednesday, April 30.
The Colombian authorities have ruled out the chance finding any survivors.
Eduardo Grijalba, the mayor of Santander de Quilichao, said earlier in the week: “I pray to God for survivors but it’s impossible.”
Grijalba is urging Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos to help end illegal mining in the town.
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.