Low-cost carrier Air Berlin has called on investors to raise some 450 million euros to finance a “comprehensive restructuring” of the company.
The German airline says the recapitalisation will not affect its ownership structure.
Eithad Airways owns 29.2 percent of Air Berlin and has subscribed to a bond worth 300 million euros. Air Berlin will issue a further bond worth 150 million euros.
The German outfit posted losses of some 231 million euros in 2013 and is currently sheding jobs and scrapping unprofitable routes.
Last year Air Berlin cut its fleet by 15 aircraft.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Podemos: Spanish indignation in Brussels’ corridors of power | euronews, reporter
- 2Israel announces it will seize 400 acres in West Bank | euronews, world news
- 3Watch: Angry mob throw Ukraine MP into rubbish bin | euronews, world news
- 4Hoverbike on the horizon | euronews, hi-tech
- 5Japan sounds bluefin warning, calls for 50% catch cut | euronews, world news
- 6China executes eight Muslims convicted of terrorism | euronews, world news
- 7New car offers freedom for disabled drivers | euronews, hi-tech
- 83D printing: a driving force in design and engineering | euronews, hi-tech
- 9Rise of the machines | euronews, futuris
- 10Ukraine accuses Russian aid convoy of stealing factory equipment | euronews, world news
- 11Iraq: Baghdad rally held against US ‘occupiers’ | euronews, world news
- 12Young Yazidi girl escapes Islamic State kidnappers | euronews, world news
- 13EU leaders name Donald Tusk European Council president | euronews, world news
- 14The business benefits of EU chemical regulation | euronews, business planet
- 15#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians | euronews, world news
- 16#Indyref Live: Scotland votes on independence from UK | euronews, world news
- 17Canada sends hilarious barb to Russia over Ukraine ‘incursions’ | euronews, world news
- 18Thousands of Catalans call for choice on split from Spain | euronews, world news
- 19Iceland puts on a show as two of its volcanoes spew out lava | euronews, world news
- 20Marine Le Pen criticises France’s decision to halt Mistral warship sale to Russia | euronews, world news
Wires > Business
- 15:24 CET Air France cancels flights as strike enters second week
- 14:42 CET EE in talks to take over 60 Phones 4U stores – Sunday Times
- 14:39 CET Germany pushes Airbus for cost cuts on A400Ms – paper
- 12:39 CET Julius Baer eyes Coutts international arm, wary of bidding war
- 12:35 CET French and German visions for Europe to clash in Berlin
- 12:27 CET Relief over Scotland gives way to ‘Great Stagnation’ worries
- 10:59 CET SoftBank estimates $4.6 billion gain from Alibaba listing
- 10:36 CET Head of Germany’s central bank criticises ECB stimulus plan