25/04/14 07:44 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Russian opposition leader and anti-corruption blogger Alexei Navalny has been put under house arrest as he waits for his trial. It had been expected he would be sent to jail beforehand.
Navalny and his brother Oleg are accused of defrauding French cosmetics company Yves Rocher. Yves Rocher has sent a letter to investigators saying the company suffered no damage in the deal.
Navalny is already serving a suspended sentence for another embezzlement conviction.
Wires > News
- 12:22 CET Israeli general assailed for Nazi comparison on Holocaust memorial…
- 12:11 CET Anguished Republicans wrestle with whether to support Trump
- 11:51 CET Truce takes hold in Aleppo but fighting goes on elsewhere in Syria
- 11:39 CET Kremlin to NATO – Resurgent Russia not a threat, but will defend…
- 11:31 CET Europe to urgently assess risk of drones hitting planes
- 11:20 CET Syria’s Assad says goal is ‘final victory’ in Aleppo
- 11:05 CET China protests at U.S. accusations of abuse of religious groups
- 10:54 CET Bangladesh Islamist party leader to hang for war crimes