Nepal’s government agreed on Tuesday to compensation demands for the sherpas who work on Everest after at least 13 died in the single deadliest avalanche on the mountain last week.
The guides had gone on strike issuing a list of 13 demands to the government leaving hundreds of climbers stranded at Base Camp.
Funerals for those who died in the mountain tragedy were held on Monday.
The president of the Nepal Mountaineering Association said the guides will go back to work and climbing will start again on Saturday.
But an American climber at base camp said the sherpas had voted to leave and had headed down the mountain.
The government has agreed to raise the minimum insurance for sherpas on Everest by 50 percent and said it would establish a relief fund for the welfare of the bereaved families. It also agreed to pay for the education of their children.
Several expeditions have already been called off.
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.