12/04/14 18:24 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Syrian government media and rebel forces said that poison gas had been used in a central village, injuring scores of people, while blaming each other for the attack.
Videos have emerged purporting to show a hospital room in Kfar Zeita that was packed with men and children, some of whom breathing through oxygen masks.
On one bed, the video showed six children on a bed, some appearing to have difficulty breathing while others cried.
Euronews can not independently verify the authenticity of the footage.
State-run Syrian television blamed members of the al-Queda linked Nusra Front for using chlorine gas in the village of Kfar Zeita in the central province of Hama killing two people and injuring more than 100.
Meanwhile experts on board a chemical weapons destroyer ship docked in southern Spain are ready to start working on Syria’s toxic arms stock in the middle of the Mediterranean as early as May.
The Syrian government agreed to hand over its stockpile under an international deal backed by Washington and Moscow. The weapons include precursors for deadly nerve agents sulphur, mustard and sarin gas.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Partnering to grow Europe
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 11Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 12‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 18Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 20world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
Wires > News
- 09:29 CET North Korea says to freeze assets of South Korean firms at Kaesong
- 09:27 CET Greek navy helicopter crashes in Aegean, three feared dead
- 09:20 CET Exclusive – Australia directed officials how to address Nauru…
- 09:11 CET Dozens face riot charges over Hong Kong Lunar New Year violence
- 08:57 CET Thailand’s ‘sea gypsies’ fight for access to ancestral shrines
- 08:54 CET Bangladesh upholds death sentences over 2004 attack on British…
- 08:43 CET Angola says 37 dead in yellow fever outbreak
- 07:59 CET Australian looks set for climate sceptic deputy PM