The Great Moscow State Circus is moving away from traditional animal-based performances with its latest show.
Although it is still run by famous animal trainers the Zapashny brothers, the only creatures in this show are aliens. Entitled ‘UFO: Circus from another Planet’, the show tells the story of a man who is captured by aliens.
Adam Talin, who has been with the circus for more 10 years and normally plays the clown, has the lead role. “You know, we have 20 laser machines, a lot of new lights, a lot of new things for the show. In this programme, there are no animals, and there is a lot of hard stuff to act with, I am not working as a clown here, I am working as an actor,” he explained.
It is Ukrainian sisters Ludmila and Tamara Titchenkova’s first performance with the Great Moscow State Circus. The siblings, who are both over two metres tall, were talent-spotted on a TV show.
“There are a lot of laser effects and many interesting details when it comes to special effects. And it’s also great to have so many acrobatics! It’s really hard work, all based on tricks and acrobatics,” said Tamara.
‘UFO: Circus from another Planet’ is currently on at the Great Moscow State Circus.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 10Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 11Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 14Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place