There has been renewed speculation on the health of seven-time Formula One World Champion Michael Schumacher with a statement on Friday from his agent.
The 45-year-old is, “showing moments of consciousness and awakening,” said Sabine Kehm in a statement to the media and went on to explain that no more details would be revealed.
The news comes after the German’s former chief doctor, Dr Gary Hartstein said he thought it unlikely Schumacher would ever recover after he struck a rock during a skiing accident in December.
The Formula One legend remains in what is called the “wake-up phase” in the hospital where he is being treated in Grenoble. That would mean according to one doctor that he has opened his eyes.
Earlier this week his agent dismissed rumours that a multi-million euro clinic was to be built for him in his Swiss home as “absolutely groundless”.
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.