29/03/14 21:51 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
In Ukraine’s capital, Kyiv, people have been reacting to the news that former boxing champion Vitaly Klitchko has dropped plans to run for president and will instead back billionaire Petro Poroshenko.
“People are still making up their minds (about the candidates) and we still have more time to decide. I would say Poroshenko & Klitschko are completely respected among Ukrainians,” one man told euronews.
Another woman said: “As for me, I’m not really sure. Klitschko is a good guy, but I think he’s not a politician. But he’s the one who cares about Ukraine. Poroshenko is a businessman – that’s my personal opinion.”
Fifteen candidates have submitted papers to the General Election Commission.
Wires > News
- 22:25 CET Killing of gorilla to save boy at Ohio zoo sparks outrage
- 21:44 CET Rio de Janeiro police scour slums for suspects in girl’s gang rape
- 21:30 CET Rubio warms to Trump, but won’t be his vice president
- 21:25 CET Jordan’s King Abdullah dissolves parliament, names caretaker PM
- 20:43 CET Brother of man killed in U.S. strike on Taliban chief files police…
- 19:09 CET U.N. concerned about rising political tensions in Cambodia
- 19:07 CET Peru’s Fujimori seen winning presidential election next week – poll
- 19:03 CET Five U.N. soldiers killed in central Mali attack