29/03/14 21:51 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
In Ukraine’s capital, Kyiv, people have been reacting to the news that former boxing champion Vitaly Klitchko has dropped plans to run for president and will instead back billionaire Petro Poroshenko.
“People are still making up their minds (about the candidates) and we still have more time to decide. I would say Poroshenko & Klitschko are completely respected among Ukrainians,” one man told euronews.
Another woman said: “As for me, I’m not really sure. Klitschko is a good guy, but I think he’s not a politician. But he’s the one who cares about Ukraine. Poroshenko is a businessman – that’s my personal opinion.”
Fifteen candidates have submitted papers to the General Election Commission.
Latest world news
Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
Reckitt Benckiser apologises over South Korea deadly disinfectant
US cruise ship docks in Havana over 40 years since the last sailed the Florida Straits
Bye bye San Francisco, destination Phoenix for Solar Impulse 2
Wires > News
- 23:04 CET U.S. tells Pakistan it will have to fund F-16s itself
- 22:14 CET Leader of Canada’s separatist Parti Quebecois steps down
- 22:13 CET Emotional return as first U.S. cruise in decades reaches Cuba
- 22:11 CET EU executive to propose visa-free travel for Turks on Wednesday…
- 20:50 CET U.S. says Iraq’s PM in ‘strong position’ amid political unrest
- 19:40 CET Saudi minister confirms warning on proposed U.S. law on 9/11
- 19:32 CET One person killed by rocket fire in Turkey’s Kilis – source
- 19:23 CET Honduras arrests suspects in killing of activist Caceres