27/03/14 18:53 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Hundreds of flights were cancelled on Thursday as a strike by baggage handlers and other ground staff brought disruption to German airports
Lufthansa, Germany’s biggest airline, cancelled a third of its daily flights.
That included almost all domestic and European short-haul flights during the strike period until 1300 GMT.
Frankfurt, Europe’s third-largest hub, was among the worst affected. There, alone, trade union Verdi said some 1,500 workers took part.
The walkout was part of wider industrial action over pay by public sector workers.
Wires > News
- 13:58 CET Pakistan bans airing of ‘undesired’ contraceptive advertisements
- 13:32 CET UNESCO chief sees threat from cultural destruction
- 13:17 CET Xi says China should invest more in the elderly
- 12:48 CET Pakistani PM to undergo heart surgery in London
- 11:53 CET Turkish rockets, U.S.-led coalition hit Islamic State in Syria…
- 11:43 CET Blast kills one at Bulgaria’s biggest military plant
- 11:41 CET Militants attack Nembe pipeline in Nigeria’s Delta – official
- 11:37 CET At G7, Cameron keeps lid on press pack’s ‘Brexit’ probing