23/03/14 10:43 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Students in the Mexican city of Oaxaca have rioted, demanding better schools and education services.
Riot police fired tear gas and detained some protesters, prompting students to block a road later calling for their released.
The government has introduced education reforms but the country has one of the worst international achievement records, according to the OECD.
- 1‘Tourists go home’ say Spanish locals in backlash to holiday boom
- 2Fears grow for missing Japanese boy left in woods as punishment
- 3EgyptAir crash: doomed plane’s distress signal ‘picked up by satellites’
- 4Belgium facing more strike chaos
- 5More transport chaos in France in standoff over labour reforms
Wires > News
- 21:38 CET Death toll from Russian air strikes in Idlib climbs to 23 – monitor
- 21:34 CET Erdogan warns Germany ahead of Armenian genocide vote
- 21:12 CET Combative Trump says he raised $5.6 million for vets, bashes media
- 20:49 CET Sentence for Costa Concordia captain upheld over 2012 shipwreck
- 20:45 CET Libyan security forces pushing Islamic State back from vicinity of…
- 20:04 CET U.S. warns of possible Europe attacks, no specific threat
- 20:01 CET After Brexit – Roadmap for a leap in the dark
- 19:17 CET U.N. food agency prepares for deeper humanitarian crisis as battle…