A search of the southern Indian Ocean has resumed for a second day, in efforts to locate missing Malaysian airliner MH370.
On Thursday March 20, Australian authorities reported that two objects, one up to 24 metres long, had been sighted on satellite images.
Experts believe that the objects could be debris from MH370, which disappeared on March 8 with 239 people on board. It was flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing when it lost contact with air traffic control and radar.
Thursday’s search was hampered by bad weather.
The Malaysian authorities have not ruled out any possible explanation for what could have happened to MH370. But they have said that the evidence so far suggests that the flight was deliberately turned around, with its communications systems disabled.
Watch Friday’s press conference update by Malaysian authorities:
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.