The acting President and Prime Minister of Ukraine have been reacting to President Vladimir Putin’s speech to the Russian Parliament.
Their statements came as Ukraine’s Interfax news agency reported one Ukrainian soldier had been shot and killed and a second injured when Russian troops stormed a military base in Simferopol
“Today the Russian President Vladimir Putin, who likes to talk about fascism copies the fascists of the last century by annexing the territory of an independent state,” acting Ukrainian President Oleksandr Turchynov told reporters.
The acting Prime Minister, Arseney Yatsenyuk, called for a international commission – made up of defence ministers from the US, UK, the European Union and including Russian officials – to meet to discuss a way forward to achieve a diplomatic solution to the crisis.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 11Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 12Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 13International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 17Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 18How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
- 19eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 20We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
Wires > News
- 08:02 CET Rohingya Muslims found on boat rescued by Myanmar navy
- 07:30 CET Mass graves of suspected trafficking victims found in Malaysia -…
- 06:36 CET Nepal landslide blocks river, raises fears of flood reaching India
- 04:06 CET Saudi clerics urge calm as village hit by Islamic State seethes
- 03:40 CET French public back military intervention in Syria – poll
- 02:12 CET Polish presidential race too close to call, spells trouble for…
- 21:19 CET Russia to adopt tough position if Ukraine defaults – Medvedev
- 21:00 CET Israel thanks U.S. for stand on Mideast nuclear arms ban at U.N.