The new prime minister of Ukraine has addressed the United Nations Security Council in New York. Arseniy Yatsenyuk was a guest speaker for the special session devoted to the crisis in Ukraine.
He said there was still time for Russia, which is a P5 member, to recall its troops to the barracks.
“We urge Russian Federation to pull back its military forces deployed in Crimea to barracks and to start real talks and negotiations,” said Yatsenyuk.
The special meeting in New York comes as Ukraine’s southern Crimea region prepares for a referendum on Sunday to determine its future.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 5Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 6It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 9Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 10Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 11How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 12Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 13Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 14ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 15Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 16International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 17International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 18International news | euronews, latest international news
- 19Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 20eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
Wires > News
- 05:13 CET Taliban, Afghan figures talk ceasefire but fail to agree
- 04:59 CET Earthquake rattles New Zealand’s South Island – USGS
- 04:42 CET Australian police defend involvement in Indonesia execution case
- 04:35 CET Two gunmen shot dead at Islam art show near Dallas
- 03:56 CET U.S. Justice Department to boost disclosure of cellphone tracking…
- 03:10 CET North Korea’s titular head of state to visit Moscow instead of Kim…
- 01:22 CET Earthquake strikes near Papua New Guinea – USGS
- 23:24 CET Airliner diverted to UAE airbase after blast warning – news agency