13/03/14 21:24 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
The new prime minister of Ukraine has addressed the United Nations Security Council in New York. Arseniy Yatsenyuk was a guest speaker for the special session devoted to the crisis in Ukraine.
He said there was still time for Russia, which is a P5 member, to recall its troops to the barracks.
“We urge Russian Federation to pull back its military forces deployed in Crimea to barracks and to start real talks and negotiations,” said Yatsenyuk.
The special meeting in New York comes as Ukraine’s southern Crimea region prepares for a referendum on Sunday to determine its future.
Wires > News
- 05:35 CET North Korea sentences Korean American to 10 years hard labour -…
- 04:12 CET Basement fire at Shanghai Hongqiao airport kills two – People’s…
- 01:43 CET Brazil’s Temer says a new government would focus on growth – TV
- 01:37 CET Mexico investigates top crime fighter over missing 43 students case
- 01:03 CET Former Nazi guard expected to break silence at German trial
- 00:26 CET Iran asks U.N. chief to intervene with U.S. after court ruling
- 00:01 CET Biden visits Iraq in show of support amid multiple crises
- 22:57 CET Obama expects U.S. to admit 10,000 Syrian refugees this year