Taiwan authorities have said they received information about a possible terrorist attack on Beijing’s airport just four days before the Malaysian flight disappeared. They believe it is unrelated but are still investigating.
“Anything is possible. But I want to say that we should not jump to conclusions. However we do need to pay attention to any connections with this incident. We will make a judgment soon. A message was sent at that time saying Beijing’s airport was a target so we will need to check it out,” Head of Taiwanese Civil Aeronautics Administration Jean Shen said.
The search for missing Malaysian Airlines plane MH 370 with 239 people on board intensified on Monday.
Dozens of ships and aircraft from seven countries were scouring the seas around Malaysia and south of Vietnam.
There were hopes earlier that a floating yellow object could have been a life raft but Vietnam’s aviation authority said it had turned out to be debris.
What happened to the flight when it disappeared one hour into its journey from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing in the early hours of Saturday is a mystery.
Officials say they are not ruling out a bomb or hijacking attempt.
Interpol confirmed that at least two passengers used stolen Italian and Austrian passports. A spokeswoman said a check of all the documents used to board the plane had revealed more “suspect passports”, which were investigating.
- 1Germanwings: Terrifying transcripts of doomed plane’s ‘last minutes’
- 2Data recorder is key to ending Flight 9525 speculation
- 3Lufthansa fears second Germanwings black box may never be found
- 4Six world powers to make a final push for a deal over Iran’s nuclear programme
- 5Unconfirmed reports and speculation mount over Germanwings crash
- 1Germanwings crash: search suspended
- 2Prosecutors believe co-pilot deliberately flew Germanwings jet into mountain
- 3‘One day the world will know my name’, Germanwings co-pilot Lubitz ‘declared’
- 4Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say?
- 5Andreas Lubitz: Torn-up sick note for day of crash is found at home of Germanwings co-pilot
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russian rumour mill suggests Putin suffering poor health | euronews, world news
- 3Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 6Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 9Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 10Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 11eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 12Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 13Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 14Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 15London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 16International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18Manufacturing jihad – Nicolas Hénin explains what he learned about ISIL | euronews, the global conversation
- 19Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 20Which EU country has the biggest gender pay gap? | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 17:44 CET U.N. Secretary General troubled by Iraq abuse claims, refugees
- 17:28 CET Niger, Chad forces attack Boko Haram positions on Lake Chad -…
- 16:59 CET Turkish Airlines flight diverts to Morocco after bomb scare
- 16:51 CET Syrian military source alleges Turkish role in Idlib offensive
- 16:37 CET France’s Valls cancels ECB visit for post-election Socialist talks
- 16:31 CET Crash pilot previously had suicidal tendencies – German prosecutors
- 16:12 CET War crimes court revokes Serb nationalist Seselj’s compassionate…
- 16:08 CET Western Libya rocket strike kills one foreigner, wounds eight…