27/02/14 07:14 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
More than 21,000 dead birds have been found on France’s Atlantic beaches since the beginning of the year.
Huge storms meant they couldn’t catch fish that dive deeper to escape the storms.
After not eating for at least fifteen days, they died of malnutrition.
Experts say the death toll is unprecedented for at least a century.
Latest world news
Forensic teams identify victims of Ataturk airport attack as relatives mourn
Black box confirms smoke on board doomed EgyptAir flight
Russia extends ban on Western food products
Atatürk Airport attack – why did it happen?
Nicola Sturgeon gets ‘sympathetic’ reception in Brussels over Brexit
Wires > News
- 04:38 CET North Korea’s Dear Respected Comrade leader gets a new title
- 03:12 CET At Pacific Alliance summit, Chile warns against isolationism
- 02:26 CET U.S. says Russian ship raised false signal in incident
- 02:22 CET U.S.-led strikes pound Islamic State in Iraq, kill 250 fighters
- 01:42 CET North America leaders mount strong defence of trade despite threats
- 01:34 CET Japan plans July fighter jet tender seen worth $40 billion as…
- 01:03 CET Home-grown militants and ex-major behind Bangladesh attacks…
- 00:48 CET Brazil could dismiss Rousseff the day before Olympics ends