Google has reportedly bought Israeli security startup SlickLogin.
The company’s three-man team announced the deal, saying Google shared their beliefs that logging in should be easy and authentification effective without frustrations or barriers.
SlickLogin uses smartphones and high-frequency sounds for identity verification at websites.
There is speculation that the deal is worth several million euros although the terms have not been revealed. Google likes shopping in Israel.
It has recently snapped up speadsheet company iRows, LabPixies entertainment, and mapping service Waze.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians | euronews, world news
- 2Israel announces it will seize 400 acres in West Bank | euronews, world news
- 3Japan sounds bluefin warning, calls for 50% catch cut | euronews, world news
- 4Hoverbike on the horizon | euronews, hi-tech
- 5China executes eight Muslims convicted of terrorism | euronews, world news
- 6Putin T-Shirts flying off the shelves at Moscow megastore | euronews, world news
- 7Everything you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 8Ellen MacArthur: making waves on a journey to a circular economy | euronews, the global conversation
- 9Ukraine accuses Russian aid convoy of stealing factory equipment | euronews, world news
- 10Massive Swedish forest fire is declared a national emergency | euronews, world news
- 11Man, 27, fails in suicide bid after tigers reject chance to eat him | euronews, world news
- 12EU leaders name Donald Tusk European Council president | euronews, world news
- 13Risk of fresh ash cloud threatens European air travel | euronews, world news
- 14Canada sends hilarious barb to Russia over Ukraine ‘incursions’ | euronews, world news
- 15Iceland warns Europe’s airlines of possible volcanic eruption | euronews, world news
- 16Beyond the subconscious | euronews, futuris
- 17Bardarbunga volcano in Iceland continues to rumble | euronews, world news
- 18Germany breaks political taboo by arming Kurds against Islamists in Iraq | euronews, world news
- 19EU’s Russia sanctions doing more harm than good says Hungary’s PM Orban | euronews, world news
- 20Greek farmers suffer in economic war between Russia and EU | euronews, economy
Wires > Business
- 08:15 CET China outlines plan to modernise shipping industry, shares jump
- 08:12 CET Italy’s Renzi does not see sale of Eni, Enel as priority -Sole…
- 07:55 CET Italy’s Renzi does not see sale of Eni, Enel as priority – Sole…
- 07:45 CET United Internet to buy KKR’s stake in Versatel for $769 million
- 07:34 CET India’s smartphone wars: Google’s Android One adds to Samsung’s…
- 07:26 CET Irish services sector grows at second fastest rate in 7 years – PMI
- 07:18 CET Russian service sector grows for first time since February – PMI
- 07:14 CET U.S. bank regulators set to adopt liquidity, swaps margin rules