George Michael has released the video for the first single from his new album.
Originally performed by Terence Trent D’Arby in 1993, ‘Let Her Down Easy’ was co-produced by George Michael and the late Phil Ramone.
It’s the first single of Michael’s sixth studio album ‘Symphonica’, which includes his own songs as well as covers of tracks made famous by the likes of Nina Simone, David Bowie and Elton John.
It is named after George Michael’s recent orchestral tour of the same name during which he performed throughout Europe.
“Singing with symphony orchestras around the world was actually inspired by something because I’d heard that Tony Bennett had done it recently. I thought ‘What a lovely idea to go to various places around the world and play with those symphony orchestras’,” said the singer.
The release signals George Michael’s big comeback after he survived a near-death battle with pneumonia in 2011 and a car crash last year.
He is one of the best-selling artists of all time with an estimated 100 million record sales to his name.
‘Symphonica’ is George Michael’s first full-length album in a decade.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 10Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 17Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 18Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 19How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
- 20Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars