George Michael has released the video for the first single from his new album.
Originally performed by Terence Trent D’Arby in 1993, ‘Let Her Down Easy’ was co-produced by George Michael and the late Phil Ramone.
It’s the first single of Michael’s sixth studio album ‘Symphonica’, which includes his own songs as well as covers of tracks made famous by the likes of Nina Simone, David Bowie and Elton John.
It is named after George Michael’s recent orchestral tour of the same name during which he performed throughout Europe.
“Singing with symphony orchestras around the world was actually inspired by something because I’d heard that Tony Bennett had done it recently. I thought ‘What a lovely idea to go to various places around the world and play with those symphony orchestras’,” said the singer.
The release signals George Michael’s big comeback after he survived a near-death battle with pneumonia in 2011 and a car crash last year.
He is one of the best-selling artists of all time with an estimated 100 million record sales to his name.
‘Symphonica’ is George Michael’s first full-length album in a decade.
- 1Keeping your spirits up: life as a young man in Greece
- 2Artist Laudi Abilama immortalises Singapore’s Lee Kuan Yew in print
- 3Winterbottom’s new film examines media role in Amanda Knox murder trial
- 4Yuja Wang wows Vienna with Prokofiev’s concerto No. 2
- 5Iranian Muhammad film aims to introduce prophet to the world
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russian rumour mill suggests Putin suffering poor health | euronews, world news
- 3Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 6International news | euronews, latest international news
- 7Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 8French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 9eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 10Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 11Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 12Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 13French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 14Manufacturing jihad – Nicolas Hénin explains what he learned about ISIL | euronews, the global conversation
- 15Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 16Which EU country has the biggest gender pay gap? | euronews, world news
- 17Romania left red-faced after France-Germany map gaffe | euronews, world news
- 18How much sugar should you eat? | euronews, world news
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video