George Michael has released the video for the first single from his new album.
Originally performed by Terence Trent D’Arby in 1993, ‘Let Her Down Easy’ was co-produced by George Michael and the late Phil Ramone.
It’s the first single of Michael’s sixth studio album ‘Symphonica’, which includes his own songs as well as covers of tracks made famous by the likes of Nina Simone, David Bowie and Elton John.
It is named after George Michael’s recent orchestral tour of the same name during which he performed throughout Europe.
“Singing with symphony orchestras around the world was actually inspired by something because I’d heard that Tony Bennett had done it recently. I thought ‘What a lovely idea to go to various places around the world and play with those symphony orchestras’,” said the singer.
The release signals George Michael’s big comeback after he survived a near-death battle with pneumonia in 2011 and a car crash last year.
He is one of the best-selling artists of all time with an estimated 100 million record sales to his name.
‘Symphonica’ is George Michael’s first full-length album in a decade.
- 114-year-old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 2Leonardo Da Vinci – the imagination and inventions of a genius
- 3The misguided decisions of a Danish Captain in Oscar nominated Krigen
- 4Madame X takes to the stage in Strapless, a Royal Ballet production inspired by a scandalous painting
- 5The Survivalist charts ruthlessness of a post-apocalyptic world
- 1Inside a ceramic master’s workshop
- 2Madame X takes to the stage in Strapless, a Royal Ballet production inspired by a scandalous painting
- 314-year-old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 4Leonardo Da Vinci – the imagination and inventions of a genius
- 5Shift of focus: Refugees take the spotlight at the Berlin Film Festival
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Partnering to grow Europe
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 6Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 9Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 10‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 11Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 15latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 18French language revolution in France
- 192015 | archives : euronews
- 20Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
latest le mag news
Madame X takes to the stage in Strapless, a Royal Ballet production inspired by a scandalous painting
Vogue celebrates its 100th birthday in style at London’s National Portrait Gallery
Leonardo Da Vinci – the imagination and inventions of a genius
New York Fashion Week sees bloggers step to the fore
Jimi Hendrix’s London flat opens to the public