11/02/14 19:03 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
A court in Kharkiv, eastern Ukraine, has rejected an appeal from the jailed former Ukrainian prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko for an easing of her prison conditions.
She is currently in a prison hospital and had wanted to be transferred to a rehabilitation centre for treatment for her chronic back condition. She has the right to appeal against the decision.
Tymoshenko also wants the use of a mobile phone and be allowed to take walks outside the prison walls.
Currently Tymoshenko is under criminal investigation for 10 alleged criminal acts; Ukrainian prosecutors have claimed Tymoshenko committed even more criminal acts beyond the abuse of power charges she was found guilty of in October 2011.
Her jailing has been condemned internationally as “selective justice” and “political persecution”.
- 1Women ‘tortured and murdered’ in German ‘House of Horrors’
- 2Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 3Political turmoil on the horizon in Turkey?
- 4Migrants in Idomeni react angrily to idea of visa-free Schengen travel for Turkey
- 5Donald Trump is set to be the Republican US presidential candidate
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 3Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 4Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 5Rebels launch surprise attack on Aleppo – Syrian state TV
Latest world news
Political turmoil on the horizon in Turkey?
Donald Trump is set to be the Republican US presidential candidate
Syrian army announces 48-hour ‘regime of calm’ in Aleppo
Fires threaten to engulf Canadian city
Migrants in Idomeni react angrily to idea of visa-free Schengen travel for Turkey
Wires > News
- 01:26 CET Cuba scrambles to keep pace with U.S.-fueled tourism boom
- 01:25 CET Ageing Thailand takes toll on indebted households
- 22:50 CET Turkish ruling party preparing to replace PM Davutoglu – officials
- 21:09 CET Merkel says working for U.S.-EU trade deal this year
- 21:06 CET ‘Three Amigos’ Obama, Trudeau, Pena Nieto to meet June 29
- 19:14 CET Russia arrests groups for planning attacks in Moscow region -…
- 18:55 CET U.S., allies to do more to combat Islamic State – Carter
- 18:52 CET ‘Nasty’ wildfire spurs evacuation of 88,000 in Canadian city