Woody Allen is being honoured in an exhibition in the Argentinian capital Buenos Aires as he faces continued child molestation accusations by his adopted daughter, Dylan Farrow. He denies the charges.
Entitled ‘We love Woody so much’, the multimedia show by Argentinian artist Hugo Echarri features paintings, drawings, photos and videos that celebrate Allen’s comedic talent and tormented film characters.
“I thought it would be interested to have an exhibition about Woody Allen. He has an extensive body of work and many of his characters are very plastic and they seduced me. There was plenty of material to make an exhibition,” says Hugo Echarri.
Allen’s films span five decades, starting with ‘What’s New Pussycat?’ in 1965 to his latest movie ‘Blue Jasmine’ starring Cate Blanchett, which has received three Oscar nominations.
With a total of 24 nods, Woody Allen has received more Academy Award nominations than any other screenwriter.
The exhibition also takes a look at his passion for jazz music which features prominently in his movie’s soundtracks.
“We love Woody so much” runs in Buenos Aires until 6 March.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12Latest News Bulletin
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20The Pluto flyby : what we’ve learnt so far