Tickets for the Winter Olympics appear to be as difficult to come by as winning a gold medal.
Hundreds of fans have been queuing daily at the ticket office in the Sochi mountain cluster, trying to get passes at the last minute for various sporting events.
But service is very slow:
One Russian sports fan said it was a shame:
“People are standing here, not only Russians but foreigners as well. I think it is wrong that there is only one window which takes ten minutes to sell one ticket.”
A Chinese visitor complained about not being able to buy tickets ‘online’ as the local site was only for Russians.
“So I can’t buy tickets on the internet and the line to buy tickets is very, very long,” he said.
There have also been complaints about empty seats at some venues, mainly because people have been delayed by security checks.
But many spectators bought their tickets before arriving in Sochi and once they have been told to leave plenty of time to get seated, they seem to be having a great time.
- 1Myanmar refuses sole responsibility in Rohingya migrant crisis
- 2Russia ‘amassing artillery’ near border with eastern Ukraine, reports suggest
- 3Greece designs new two-euro coin amid fears of Grexit
- 4Putin classifies Russian troop deaths during peacetime a state secret
- 5Nigeria: Buhari inaugurated in first democratic transfer of power
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 7Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 8Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 9International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 12EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 13How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 14Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 15Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 16Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
- 17We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
- 18Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 19Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 20How World War II shaped modern Poland | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 13:37 CET Myanmar lands seized migrant boat on island
- 13:26 CET Gunmen kill 22 bus passengers in Pakistan attack
- 13:16 CET U.S. says China’s island-building erodes security; Beijing angered
- 12:20 CET U.S.-Egyptian released from Egypt jail-family
- 11:53 CET U.N. warns of coming hunger in North Korea
- 11:41 CET Burundi election body’s vice president has fled country: sources
- 11:26 CET Greece open to compromise to seal deal this week: interior minister
- 11:14 CET China tells workplaces they must have Communist Party units