03/02/14 01:34 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Anti-gay marriage campaigners in France are maintaining their opposition to what they call government-led “familyphobic” policies.
Thousands marched through Paris denouncing new gender equality lessons in schools and the legalisation of medical procedures to help same-sex couples have children.
Parisian protester Severine Chevrier said: “Mr.Hollande isn’t listening to us, he doesn’t want to talk to us. On the other hand the interior minister was very clear, he is going to do everything possible to silence us, but we are in the right, we have the right to express ourselves.”
The were were also protests in the central French city of Lyon.
Government ministers insist that procedures to help gay couples have children are not included in planned draft legislation, but critics claim they could be added in later amendments to the law.
Latest world news
Dozens dead in air strikes on camp for internally displaced in Syria
Canada wildfires spread south, state of emergency in place
“You can’t always get what you want” – the Rolling Stones dump Trump
Police shoot-out with UK-registered car in France
Lone woman faces down neo-Nazis in Sweden
Wires > News
- 21:30 CET Depression reigns as EU presidents debate future of Europe
- 20:58 CET Air strikes on camp for displaced Syrians kill 28, monitor says
- 20:39 CET Ex-Venezuela parliament head sues News Corp over drug article
- 19:27 CET ‘Trump of the East’ widens lead in last poll before Philippine vote
- 19:15 CET Republicans grapple with whether to back Trump for White House
- 19:03 CET Acting Irish PM Kenny sets vote on re-election for Friday
- 18:51 CET Italy, Germany agree on immigration policy, but not on financing
- 18:23 CET ‘No boots on the ground’ has its limits as U.S. Navy SEAL is…