01/02/14 08:32 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Aged 102, cyclist Robert Marchand has smashed his own world record in the centenary category, riding nearly 27 kilometres in an hour.
The Frenchman – who trains like a pro, and drinks a glass of wine every day – said after his achievement at a velodrome outside Paris that he hadn’t been performing at his best.
Wires > News
- 20:43 CET Brother of man killed in U.S. strike on Taliban chief files police…
- 20:04 CET Killing of gorilla to save boy at Ohio zoo sparks outrage
- 19:39 CET Jordan’s King Abdullah dissolves parliament, names caretaker PM
- 19:09 CET U.N. concerned about rising political tensions in Cambodia
- 19:07 CET Peru’s Fujimori seen winning presidential election next week – poll
- 19:03 CET Five U.N. soldiers killed in central Mali attack
- 19:02 CET Merkel, Hollande together mark 100 years since Verdun battle
- 16:46 CET Between 700-900 migrants may have died at sea this week – NGOs