01/02/14 08:32 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Aged 102, cyclist Robert Marchand has smashed his own world record in the centenary category, riding nearly 27 kilometres in an hour.
The Frenchman – who trains like a pro, and drinks a glass of wine every day – said after his achievement at a velodrome outside Paris that he hadn’t been performing at his best.
- 1Massive petition calls for EU referendum re-run
- 2Millions sign referendum re-run petition
- 3What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 4David Cameron’s “unacceptable behaviour” to blame over referendum defeat, Oettinger tells euronews
- 5Iceland’s new President Gudni Johannesson off to France for the footy
- 1What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 2Will English remain as the de facto EU official language?
- 3David Cameron’s “unacceptable behaviour” to blame over referendum defeat, Oettinger tells euronews
- 4Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty explained
- 5EU friendly London shocked after Britain vote to leave
Wires > News
- 17:57 CET Iraqi commander declares defeat of Islamic State in Falluja
- 17:54 CET Fallout from British EU vote alarms Asia, deepens party conflicts
- 17:42 CET Turkish police fire tear gas in Istanbul to disperse Gay Pride…
- 17:31 CET Rosatom’s global nuclear ambition cramped by Kremlin politics
- 17:07 CET Panama opens canal extension, only a dozen heads of state attend
- 16:48 CET Switzerland set to ask EU for limited migration curbs – president
- 12:36 CET China bus fire kills 35
- 11:57 CET Iran supreme leader – Bahrain’s move against top cleric risks…