The Fonz is back! Forty years since the first US broadcast of the fifties based sitcom ‘Happy Days’ there is a new musical version in London.
Actor Henry Winker who played the original high school dropout “Fonzi” and who is now an author, joined the cast in an American themed burger bar in Piccadilly:
“It has a whole new life. The cast is adorable, they are dynamic. Ben looks more like me then me, so it’s really lovely,” enthused the man who will always be ‘The Fonz’.
Producer Amy Anzel used the internet based technique of crowd funding to raise the 300,000 euro budget for the show:
“Basically we knew that there were Happy Days fans all around the world and to give them a chance to invest in this production – because perhaps they always wanted to invest in musicals or they love Happy Days and if the show makes money, they make money.”
It is hoped the production will capture all the fun and innocence of the original television show – creating new fans while taking ‘Happy Days’ addicts on a welcome nostalgia trip.
- 1Women ‘tortured and murdered’ in German ‘House of Horrors’
- 2Political turmoil on the horizon in Turkey?
- 3Migrants in Idomeni react angrily to idea of visa-free Schengen travel for Turkey
- 4Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 5Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu confirms he will step down at AK Party Congress on 22 May
Latest world news
Dozens dead in air strikes on camp for internally displaced in Syria
Canada wildfires spread south, state of emergency in place
“You can’t always get what you want” – the Rolling Stones dump Trump
Police shoot-out with UK-registered car in France
Lone woman faces down neo-Nazis in Sweden
Wires > News
- 19:27 CET ‘Trump of the East’ widens lead in last poll before Philippine vote
- 19:15 CET Republicans grapple with whether to back Trump for White House
- 19:12 CET Ex-Venezuela parliament head sues News Corp over drug article
- 19:03 CET Acting Irish PM Kenny sets vote on re-election for Friday
- 18:51 CET Italy, Germany agree on immigration policy, but not on financing
- 18:23 CET ‘No boots on the ground’ has its limits as U.S. Navy SEAL is…
- 18:22 CET Protesters arrested in Uganda ahead of Museveni’s swearing-in
- 18:14 CET Militants attack Chevron platform in Niger Delta – navy spokesman