The Fonz is back! Forty years since the first US broadcast of the fifties based sitcom ‘Happy Days’ there is a new musical version in London.
Actor Henry Winker who played the original high school dropout “Fonzi” and who is now an author, joined the cast in an American themed burger bar in Piccadilly:
“It has a whole new life. The cast is adorable, they are dynamic. Ben looks more like me then me, so it’s really lovely,” enthused the man who will always be ‘The Fonz’.
Producer Amy Anzel used the internet based technique of crowd funding to raise the 300,000 euro budget for the show:
“Basically we knew that there were Happy Days fans all around the world and to give them a chance to invest in this production – because perhaps they always wanted to invest in musicals or they love Happy Days and if the show makes money, they make money.”
It is hoped the production will capture all the fun and innocence of the original television show – creating new fans while taking ‘Happy Days’ addicts on a welcome nostalgia trip.
- 1Obama unveils US plan to cut carbon emissions
- 2Ukrainians protest against a planned “buffer zone”
- 3Fatal floods batter India, Myanmar, Pakistan, Vietnam and Nepal
- 4Handling of a child sex abuse complaint against a former British prime minister to be investigated.
- 5UK police investigated over alleged child sex abuse cover-up involving former Prime Minister
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 13Latest News Bulletin
- 14Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Latest world news
ASEAN foreign ministers set to discuss South China Sea tensions
Nearly 1.5 million counterfeit cigarettes seized in Poland
California wildfires: Thousands told to flee as ‘Rocky’ ravages drought-parched terrain
Kosovo votes in favour war crimes court
Handling of a child sex abuse complaint against a former British prime minister to be investigated.
Wires > News
- 08:52 CET Pakistan hangs man lawyers say was a child when charged with murder
- 08:49 CET Good progress made on Pacific trade deal despite talks failure -…
- 08:47 CET Returning Uighurs attacked Thai, Chinese police, China says
- 08:35 CET Japan suspends work on U.S. base on Okinawa as Abe battles low…
- 06:06 CET Japan A-bomb survivors speak out against nuclear power, decry…
- 05:12 CET China’s foreign minister to visit Ebola-affected countries
- 04:10 CET Blast in Korean DMZ wounds two South Korean soldiers – military
- 03:59 CET Illegal immigration a dominant theme at Republican forum even…