A widower ate a part of a man’s leg in a horrifying revenge attack in the Central African Republic (CAR), it’s emerged.
The man told the BBC he took part in the attack after Muslims had killed his pregnant wife, sister-in-law and her baby.
A mob of around 20 youths, including the widower, forced a bus to stop in the capital Bungui, and dragged a Muslim from it, according to the broadcaster. Their victim was then beaten, stabbed and set on fire. Footage seen by the BBC reportedly shows the widower eating the man’s leg.
It comes after a Christian militia attacked the capital in December. The subsequent violence left 1,000 dead and nearly a million displaced.
The country is under a transitional government after the resignation of Michel Djotodia.
CAR has endured a series of attacks and counter attacks by Christian and Muslim militias.
It has suffered five coups since gaining independence from France in 1960.
By Chris HarrisMore about:
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 23D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 3Bombing in Syria not World War III, says Russia’s EU ambassador
- 4Migrant crisis: Hungary poised to shut unofficial border crossings with Croatia
- 5Syria: We believe that Russia has the wrong strategy, says US
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 13Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 14[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
What’s on this week 12/10/2015
Russians “were offered an enemy” says Metro 2033 author Dmitry Glukhovsky
And also… Clear skies over Syria,beard and moustache championships, stopping traffic and more
Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet wins Nobel Peace Prize
Twitter to take its charm offensive to TV
Wires > News
- 21:49 CET Russia voices concern about U.N. sanctions, spy drones in South…
- 21:46 CET Saudi Arabia protests over Czech ‘Satanic Verses’ 27 years after…
- 21:12 CET Train hero recovering after California stabbing, in ‘good spirits’
- 20:58 CET Islamic State makes closest advance to Aleppo, Iranian killed
- 20:57 CET Ivory Coast leader launches re-election bid with pledge on justice
- 20:49 CET Pre-election clash in Guinea capital kills two, wounds 15
- 20:33 CET U.S. commander says U.S. must exercise freedom of navigation in…
- 20:32 CET One killed, one wounded in shooting near Texas Southern University