Israel has stepped up security for Ariel Sharon’s funeral. Palestinians commonly view him has a war criminal.
In the West Bank town of Jenin where dozens of Palestinians died in a refugee camp in 2002, they have been celebrating.
“Sharon’s death? Lets him go to hell. He committed only crimes against humanity. So good riddance,” said one man.“We are so happy to hear of his death, he destroyed our houses in the Jenin camp, and he displaced our people,” said another.
“Its good news for Palestinians, because he committed many crimes, like the Sabra and Shatila massacres in the 80s, and his attack to Alaqsa mosque in 2002,” said one woman.
Sharon was found to have been indirectly responsible by an Israeli inquiry for failing to prevent massacres by Christian Phalangist militias in the Beirut refugee camps…. something Palestinians can never forget.
Latest world news
Baghdad protesters leave Green Zone but vow to keep up pressure over corruption
National issues highlighted in Europe’s May Day rallies
From Jerusalem to Damascus to Moscow, Orthodox Christians celebrate Easter
Brussels airport departure hall reopens after terror attacks
Dozens killed in ISIL suicide blasts in southern Iraq
Wires > News
- 22:43 CET French far-right veteran Le Pen predicts daughter’s failure in…
- 21:49 CET Bomb attack in southeast Turkey wounds 10 troops, Kurdish…
- 21:47 CET Puerto Rico faces default as governor plans to address island
- 21:30 CET Yemen officials say peace talks suspended after Houthis seize base
- 21:28 CET Bergdahl defense can access classified information, court rules
- 21:16 CET Eyeing an Indiana victory, Trump says, ‘It’s over’
- 21:11 CET Connecticut governor honored for welcoming Syrian refugees
- 21:07 CET Cash-flush California GOP allows chairman to seek third term