Israel has stepped up security for Ariel Sharon’s funeral. Palestinians commonly view him has a war criminal.
In the West Bank town of Jenin where dozens of Palestinians died in a refugee camp in 2002, they have been celebrating.
“Sharon’s death? Lets him go to hell. He committed only crimes against humanity. So good riddance,” said one man.“We are so happy to hear of his death, he destroyed our houses in the Jenin camp, and he displaced our people,” said another.
“Its good news for Palestinians, because he committed many crimes, like the Sabra and Shatila massacres in the 80s, and his attack to Alaqsa mosque in 2002,” said one woman.
Sharon was found to have been indirectly responsible by an Israeli inquiry for failing to prevent massacres by Christian Phalangist militias in the Beirut refugee camps…. something Palestinians can never forget.
Wires > News
- 02:50 CET Syrian opposition negotiator quits after peace talks’ failure
- 22:25 CET Killing of gorilla to save boy at Ohio zoo sparks outrage
- 21:30 CET Rubio warms to Trump, but won’t be his vice president
- 21:25 CET Jordan’s King Abdullah dissolves parliament, names caretaker PM
- 20:43 CET Brother of man killed in U.S. strike on Taliban chief files police…
- 19:09 CET U.N. concerned about rising political tensions in Cambodia
- 19:03 CET Five U.N. soldiers killed in central Mali attack
- 19:02 CET Merkel, Hollande together mark 100 years since Verdun battle