Five German breweries and seven individuals convicted of fixing beer prices have been fined 106.5 million euros.
Germany’s biggest family-owned beer maker, Krombacher Brauerei GmbH, was among the five companies fined.
The so-called “Brewery Cartel” illegally colluded to raise the price of beer between 2006 and 2008.
Anheuser-Busch InBev alerted authorities to the cartel and thus escaped a fine..
Wires > News
- 22:00 CET Ohio zoo defends shooting of gorilla after boy fell in enclosure
- 21:33 CET White House back to normal after partial lockdown – Secret Service
- 21:00 CET Brazil’s Temer pressed to drop anti-corruption minister
- 20:40 CET Outrage mounts over gorilla killing in boy’s rescue at Ohio zoo
- 20:20 CET Libyan oil guard says captures coastal town from Islamic State…
- 20:07 CET Drowned baby picture captures week of tragedy in Mediterranean
- 19:31 CET Japan puts military on alert for possible North Korea missile…
- 19:25 CET Chad’s ex-leader Habre, Cold War-era ally of West, gets life in…