Five German breweries and seven individuals convicted of fixing beer prices have been fined 106.5 million euros.
Germany’s biggest family-owned beer maker, Krombacher Brauerei GmbH, was among the five companies fined.
The so-called “Brewery Cartel” illegally colluded to raise the price of beer between 2006 and 2008.
Anheuser-Busch InBev alerted authorities to the cartel and thus escaped a fine..
Wires > News
- 02:00 CET Singapore set to pick military helicopters as arms spending rises
- 01:31 CET Australia PM Turnbull confirms will call election for July 2
- 01:15 CET Brazil prosecutor asks Supreme Court to investigate Lula
- 00:01 CET Russia delays U.N. council condemnation of North Korea missile…
- 23:10 CET Islamic State kills U.S. Navy SEAL in northern Iraq
- 21:53 CET Proposed Irish government to prioritise spending over tax cuts -…
- 20:56 CET Liberian presidential candidate Weah’s lawyers to go to U.S. over…
- 20:30 CET EU executive to propose reforming asylum system