07/01/14 10:41 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Princess Christina, the younger daughter of King Juan Carlos of Spain, has been charged with money laundering and tax evasion.
After a lengthy probe an examining magistrate in Palma de Mallorca ruled there was evidence to suggest crimes had been committed.
She has been requested to appear before the court on March 8.
Her husband, former Olympic handball player Inaki Urdangarin, has been charged with embezzlement related to his non-profit Noos Foundation, which won a number of public contracts.
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 3Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 4Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 5Madeleine Albright on evil, Putin, Trump, Syria and diplomatic kisses
Latest world news
Australia vows no change in asylum policy after Somali woman sets herself on fire
Solar Impulse aircraft lands in Phoenix, Arizona
Corsican separatists to end military campaign
Lady Gaga attends Fashion and technology expo in NY
Venezuela opposition collects signatures in bid to oust President Maduro
Wires > News
- 10:24 CET Obama says Chinese-led trade deal shows need for TPP – Washington…
- 09:27 CET Turkish military returns fire into Syria after rockets hit border…
- 09:23 CET Spanish police arrest four accused of promoting Islamist militancy
- 09:20 CET Air strikes hit Islamic State stronghold in Syria – monitor
- 09:01 CET Baby girl pulled out alive three days after Kenya building…
- 08:41 CET After brawl, Turkish parliament committee votes to lift lawmakers‘…
- 08:32 CET Fire destroys 50 shelters in Myanmar camp for displaced – witness
- 07:56 CET Two Turkish soldiers, five Kurdish militants killed in attack