07/01/14 10:41 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Princess Christina, the younger daughter of King Juan Carlos of Spain, has been charged with money laundering and tax evasion.
After a lengthy probe an examining magistrate in Palma de Mallorca ruled there was evidence to suggest crimes had been committed.
She has been requested to appear before the court on March 8.
Her husband, former Olympic handball player Inaki Urdangarin, has been charged with embezzlement related to his non-profit Noos Foundation, which won a number of public contracts.
Wires > News
- 01:32 CET As Beijing flexes muscles in South China Sea, Malaysia eyes harder…
- 01:18 CET Combative Trump says he raised $5.6 million for vets, bashes media
- 23:58 CET UAE frees Canadian man acquitted of militancy, set to leave Weds
- 23:01 CET Philippines president-elect says won’t rely on United States
- 23:00 CET OAS head moves to suspend Venezuela from regional group
- 22:41 CET Leader of Western Sahara independence movement dies after illness
- 22:40 CET Italy court upholds Costa Concordia captain’s 2012 shipwreck…
- 22:35 CET Far-right parties winning over some Jewish voters, top rabbi warns