07/01/14 07:33 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Winter storms continue to batter much of western Europe with high seas, heavy rain and flooding.
In Portugal amateur video captured the moment huge waves in the harbour area of the city of Porto engulfed the coastal road sweeping away cars. Several people were injured.
Around Lisbon, the waves have caused extensive damage to restaurants and shops on the capital’s popular sea front.
Wires > News
- 23:17 CET Western-backed Syrian opposition’s chief peace negotiator quits…
- 22:25 CET Killing of gorilla to save boy at Ohio zoo sparks outrage
- 21:30 CET Rubio warms to Trump, but won’t be his vice president
- 21:25 CET Jordan’s King Abdullah dissolves parliament, names caretaker PM
- 20:43 CET Brother of man killed in U.S. strike on Taliban chief files police…
- 19:09 CET U.N. concerned about rising political tensions in Cambodia
- 19:03 CET Five U.N. soldiers killed in central Mali attack
- 19:02 CET Merkel, Hollande together mark 100 years since Verdun battle