A fresh update is imminent on Michael Schumacher, fighting for his life in a French hospital.
The German Formula 1 champion has been in a medically-induced coma after crashing while skiing in the French Alps on Sunday.
His family – wife Corinna and children Gina Maria and Mick – have been at his bedside at Grenoble hospital.
An update on his condition is expected at 11h CET.
It comes as a source close to accident investigators revealed Schumacher’s helmet had been broken in two by the crash.
Doctors – who operated on Schumacher to treat the internal bleeding and prevent swelling of his brain inside the skull – said on Monday he would have died had it not been for the helmet.
Meanwhile fans of the motor-racing star have been gathering outside the hospital.
One said: “When I heard the news that he had been hospitalised in Grenoble, I came straight away, I had to come.”
Another added: “I am worried like all of you and all the fans, supporters, but I still hope and I will pray for him.”
Schumacher remains in a medically-induced coma and his body temperature has been lowered to slow the metabolism and help reduce inflammation of his brain.
- 1Putin adds diplomatic strand to bolster Syrian air strikes
- 2Russian cruise missiles strikes prompt global aviation officials to issue safety alerts
- 3Russia tries to reassure Saudi Arabia over Syria air strikes
- 4Iraqi military claims to have killed several senior ISIL members including leader al – Baghdadi
- 5Belarus election: Lukashenko wins landslide of more than 80 percent – exit polls
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 3Latest News Bulletin
- 4At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 5Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 6[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 10Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 11Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 12Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 13Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 14Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 15[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
- 16Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 17Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 18Kicked down in Hungary, saved by Spain
- 19Catalan president Artur Mas charged with organising illegal independence referendum
- 20Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees
Wires > News
- 10:40 CET Myanmar election body held meeting on possible postponement of…
- 10:38 CET Japan may halt funds for UNESCO over Nanjing row with China
- 10:15 CET Package detonated at site of Turkey bombings in apparent false…
- 10:03 CET Four miners killed in a Bosnian mine accident
- 08:33 CET China opens bribery trial of ally to disgraced security chief
- 07:44 CET Growing Japan row over U.S. air base presents election risk for …
- 06:48 CET China’s army sends vehicles seized in graft crackdown to border…
- 04:19 CET New Zealand police arrest man over infant formula contamination…