A fresh update is imminent on Michael Schumacher, fighting for his life in a French hospital.
The German Formula 1 champion has been in a medically-induced coma after crashing while skiing in the French Alps on Sunday.
His family – wife Corinna and children Gina Maria and Mick – have been at his bedside at Grenoble hospital.
An update on his condition is expected at 11h CET.
It comes as a source close to accident investigators revealed Schumacher’s helmet had been broken in two by the crash.
Doctors – who operated on Schumacher to treat the internal bleeding and prevent swelling of his brain inside the skull – said on Monday he would have died had it not been for the helmet.
Meanwhile fans of the motor-racing star have been gathering outside the hospital.
One said: “When I heard the news that he had been hospitalised in Grenoble, I came straight away, I had to come.”
Another added: “I am worried like all of you and all the fans, supporters, but I still hope and I will pray for him.”
Schumacher remains in a medically-induced coma and his body temperature has been lowered to slow the metabolism and help reduce inflammation of his brain.
- 1Migrant killed near Tunnel amid mass attempt to cross channel
- 2Man killed as 1,500 migrants try to enter Channel Tunnel in Calais
- 3Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Omar is confirmed dead
- 4Rome airport fully operational after forest fire affects flights
- 5Turkey keeps up pressure on PKK with more airstrikes
- 1Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 2French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 3Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 4Bobbi Kristina Brown, Whitney Houston’s daughter, dies
- 5Coach has its roof sheared off in low tunnel near Lille
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 10Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
Latest world news
Charges brought over killing of Zimbabwe’s famous ‘Cecil’
Russia vetoes UN resolution to try suspects in MH17 crash in Ukraine
Blame game as the migrant Calais crisis deepens
Chile man survives ‘17th floor’ balcony fall
Hermès investigates crocodile farm cruelty claims but denies Birkin bag link
Wires > News
- 08:00 CET Malaysia says almost certain debris discovered is from a Boeing 777
- 07:49 CET Israel authorises force-feeding of hunger-striking prisoners
- 07:32 CET Jailed Chinese loggers among thousands freed in Myanmar amnesty -…
- 07:29 CET Taliban capture district in Afghanistan’s Helmand province
- 07:20 CET Officials study plane debris found off Madagascar for links to…
- 06:51 CET Nepal landslide kills 15 people, death toll may rise: ministry
- 05:39 CET China watchdog says graft risk controls tightened at central bank
- 04:27 CET Zimbabwean charged over killing of Cecil the lion