A fresh update is imminent on Michael Schumacher, fighting for his life in a French hospital.
The German Formula 1 champion has been in a medically-induced coma after crashing while skiing in the French Alps on Sunday.
His family – wife Corinna and children Gina Maria and Mick – have been at his bedside at Grenoble hospital.
An update on his condition is expected at 11h CET.
It comes as a source close to accident investigators revealed Schumacher’s helmet had been broken in two by the crash.
Doctors – who operated on Schumacher to treat the internal bleeding and prevent swelling of his brain inside the skull – said on Monday he would have died had it not been for the helmet.
Meanwhile fans of the motor-racing star have been gathering outside the hospital.
One said: “When I heard the news that he had been hospitalised in Grenoble, I came straight away, I had to come.”
Another added: “I am worried like all of you and all the fans, supporters, but I still hope and I will pray for him.”
Schumacher remains in a medically-induced coma and his body temperature has been lowered to slow the metabolism and help reduce inflammation of his brain.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist
- 2One of five suspects charged after Melbourne anti-terror raids
- 3Exclusive: choose between co-operation and confrontation, Iran’s Foreign Minister warns
- 4Foreigners flee xenophobic attacks in South Africa
- 5International lenders raise pressure on Greece as cash crunch looms
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 3Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 6French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 7Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 8Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 9Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 10International news | euronews, latest international news
- 11eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 12International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 13Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 14ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 15Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 16Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20[Live updates] France plane crash: damaged black box ‘can provide information’ | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 17:25 CET Mediators set May 15 deadline to sign Mali peace deal
- 17:06 CET U.S., allies focus on Iraq in latest air strikes – task force…
- 17:06 CET Norway asks Moscow to explain deputy PM’s island visit despite…
- 16:43 CET Islamic State shot and beheaded 30 Ethiopian Christians in Libya -…
- 16:05 CET Upset for Spain’s ruling party seen in stronghold Valencia – poll
- 15:51 CET Sudan’s youth activists battle restraints and apathy
- 15:50 CET Spain’s latest political upstart rides high on message of…
- 15:41 CET Sudan’s Bashir heads to Indonesia in rare long-distance trip