26/12/13 18:51 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
A shoal of biting fish in Argentina has injured more than 70 people as they swam at a popular beach in the Parana River near Rosario, 300 kilometres north of Buenos Aires.
A seven-year-old girl had her finger partially amputated.
The head of the local emergency service said isolated injuries were common from the fish – a relative of the piranha – but a mass attack on this scale was exceptional.
Wires > News
- 12:16 CET Bombs in Baghdad kill nine, wound 26 – sources
- 12:15 CET Japan to support Mekong countries with 750 billion yen over three…
- 12:13 CET Kerry says getting closer to an understanding on Syria ceasefire
- 12:11 CET Denmark extends controls on German border until June 2
- 12:07 CET Clinton, looking ahead to U.S. general election, begins Appalachia…
- 12:05 CET Indiana to test Donald Trump’s staying power with evangelicals
- 11:40 CET Hundreds promoting independence detained in Indonesia’s Papua
- 08:32 CET Drones, Turkish artillery hit Islamic State in Syria, 34 dead -…