19/12/13 07:05 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Police in La Paz took a heavy hand in dealing with protesting children as Bolivia’s lawmakers debated banning child labour.
A new code is being written making it illegal for under 14-year-olds to work.
But many youngsters say they help support their families and want to work providing its not forced labour.
In the end national assembly members refused their request for a rewrite to the code.
- 1Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 2Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 3Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
- 4Terror in Turkey: attack at Ataturk airport leaves 41 dead and scores injured
- 5Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’
Latest world news
Putin rejects new arms race and builds bridges with Turkey
UK: who are the Famous Five?
Brussels summit closes with questions on how the European Union will function in the future in the wake of Brexit
Istanbul attack: suspected bombers ‘from Russia, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan’
Boris Johnson pulls out of race to be UK PM
Wires > News
- 17:57 CET Istanbul airport bombers were Russian, Uzbek, Kyrgyz – Turkish…
- 17:48 CET Armenia ratifies agreement on joint air-defence system with Russia
- 17:46 CET Violence, settlements, Gaza undermine hope for Mideast peace – U.N.
- 17:27 CET West cooperating secretly with Damascus against militants – Assad
- 17:18 CET Hungary minister says might vote to quit EU if government held…
- 17:10 CET Yugoslav tribunal upholds sentences against Bosnian Serbs
- 16:58 CET Slovakia says western members can’t dictate EU future after Brexit
- 16:55 CET British American Tobacco vows to investigate child workers in…