Two students have been injured during a shooting at Arapahoe High School, in Centennial, Colorado.
According to the local Sheriff, the shooter was a student at the school.
He is now dead, apparently of self-inflicted wounds.
One student has been taken to hospital with gunshot wounds. He is said to be in a serious condition.
A second was found when police searched the school. He apparently has minor injuries, which may not be gunshot wounds.
The shooting comes a day before the anniversary of a similar incident at Newtown in Connecticut in 2012.
On December 14th 2012, 20 year old Adam Lanza killed twenty children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School, in an incident which is still unexplained.
- 1Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 2Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 3Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
- 4Terror in Turkey: attack at Ataturk airport leaves 41 dead and scores injured
- 5Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’
Latest world news
Philippines: Rodrigo Duterte sworn in as president
“Three Amigos” summit presents a united front
Both Britain’s main political parties seem headed for leadership battles
The EU’s 27 leaders “unite” as they view the future minus the UK
euronews reporter trapped on the tarmac as airport attack raged
Wires > News
- 10:16 CET Turkish police raid suspected Islamic State cells in Istanbul…
- 10:06 CET Have met all criteria for visa-free travel to Europe – Turkey’s …
- 09:25 CET Beijing slams South China Sea case as court ruling nears
- 08:59 CET Japan says Chinese military activity in East China Sea escalating
- 08:58 CET At least 18 killed by a roadside bomb in Somalia
- 07:07 CET Mongolia’s opposition MPP sweeps back to power on country’s…
- 06:41 CET Philippines’ Duterte sworn as president, rails against crime
- 05:01 CET North Korea’s Dear Respected Comrade leader gets a new title