Gun battles between Iraqi security forces and armed attackers have left at least ten dead and more than 40 injured in Kirkuk.
Suicide bombers and gunmen initially launched an assault on police intelligence headquarters in the northern Iraqi city.
A two-hour exchange of fire followed.
The violence then moved to a nearby shopping mall where several gunmen wearing suicide vests stormed the complex, opening fire before security forces could get there.
Shoppers were among the dead and injured.
No group has claimed responsibility but areas around Kirkuk are said to be al Qaeda strongholds.
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1USA: Los Angeles police shoot homeless man dead
- 2Memorial march: “My hope for Russia has died with the death of Boris Nemtsov”
- 3EU call for unity as Spain and Portugal enter war of words with Greece
- 4Estonia votes in election amid concerns over Russia
- 5Skydiver has lucky escape after seizure at 9,000 feet
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 3eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 4English and Spanish among happiest languages | euronews, world news
- 5Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails? | euronews, world news
- 6Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 9Watch: Ukraine MPs in fierce fist fight outside parliament | euronews, world news
- 10Dramatic dashcam video captures Taiwan plane crash | euronews, world news
- 11Data ‘mocks’ claims migrants try for Europe ‘expecting’ sea rescue | euronews, world news
- 12European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 13Kosovo emptying out, hopes for independent future exhausted | euronews, world news
- 14‘Blue’ dress causes internet confusion. Is it white and gold? | euronews, world news
- 15Live updates: follow the 2015 Oscars ceremony | euronews, world news
- 16euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 17Implanted RFID chip controls office access for Stockholm workers | euronews, hi-tech
- 18Barack Obama’s silly Buzzfeed video goes viral | euronews, world news
- 19Elastic road surface reduces motorway noise pollution | euronews, futuris
- 20Canada: Valentine’s Day mass shooting plot foiled say police | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 11:39 CET Russia ready to consider discount on gas price for Ukraine in…
- 11:36 CET Top Indian, Pakistani diplomats meet to mend ties
- 11:31 CET U.N.-Cambodia tribunal charges two more ex-Khmer Rouge cadres
- 11:29 CET Fame for North Korean defectors brings money, suspicion
- 11:09 CET North Korea has power to deter U.S. ‘nuclear threat’ – foreign…
- 10:55 CET Egypt court ruling halts parliamentary election – judicial sources
- 10:53 CET Iraq battles to rebuild despite war and oil slump
- 10:31 CET Pakistan arrests parents for refusing children’s polio vaccinations