Gun battles between Iraqi security forces and armed attackers have left at least ten dead and more than 40 injured in Kirkuk.
Suicide bombers and gunmen initially launched an assault on police intelligence headquarters in the northern Iraqi city.
A two-hour exchange of fire followed.
The violence then moved to a nearby shopping mall where several gunmen wearing suicide vests stormed the complex, opening fire before security forces could get there.
Shoppers were among the dead and injured.
No group has claimed responsibility but areas around Kirkuk are said to be al Qaeda strongholds.
- 1Bobbi Kristina Brown, Whitney Houston’s daughter, dies
- 2Coach has its roof sheared off in low tunnel near Lille
- 3Turkey appears to attack Kurdish targets in Syria, Turkey denies claim
- 4Saudi King flies into Cote d’Azur amid row over beach closure
- 5Sex, drugs and ‘shocking’ behaviour: Lord Sewel steps down amid allegations of lewd conduct
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9Latest News Bulletin
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15International news | euronews, latest international news
- 16‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 17At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 18Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 19Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 20Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
Wires > News
- 18:17 CET Ukrainian military pilot held by Russia has alibi – lawyers
- 17:47 CET Russian submarine wreck off Sweden likely dates from WW1
- 17:36 CET Second-term Obama tells Africa’s ‘Big Men’ to quit when time is up
- 17:27 CET Fire at Egypt furniture factory kills 25 – health ministry
- 17:17 CET Le Pen father gets French court victory over daughter
- 17:04 CET Saudi-led raid on Yemen plant appears unlawful – Rights Watch
- 16:47 CET Hillary Clinton should hand over private email server – U.S. House…
- 16:40 CET Cyprus unites behind EU protection for halloumi cheese