Gun battles between Iraqi security forces and armed attackers have left at least ten dead and more than 40 injured in Kirkuk.
Suicide bombers and gunmen initially launched an assault on police intelligence headquarters in the northern Iraqi city.
A two-hour exchange of fire followed.
The violence then moved to a nearby shopping mall where several gunmen wearing suicide vests stormed the complex, opening fire before security forces could get there.
Shoppers were among the dead and injured.
No group has claimed responsibility but areas around Kirkuk are said to be al Qaeda strongholds.
- 1Ukrainian separatist warlord dies in bomb blast
- 2Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 3At least 400 killed by ISIL in Palmyra – Syrian TV
- 4Russia introduces a new law against “undesirable” NGOs
- 5Poland’s Komorowski concedes defeat to rival Duda in presidential poll
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 10Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 13International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 17Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 18How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
- 19eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 20We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
Wires > News
- 14:55 CET Tunisian soldier shot dead after opening fire on colleagues…
- 14:33 CET Greece wants to make debt payments but needs aid urgently
- 14:20 CET Rights groups slam Myanmar birth law as anti-Muslim
- 13:35 CET Ex-Israeli PM Olmert sentenced to more jail time for corruption
- 12:27 CET Polish opposition cheers presidential vote win, markets uneasy
- 12:23 CET U.N. urges Lebanon to pick president, end political vacuum
- 12:05 CET About 100 U.S., European jets join Arctic exercise near Russia
- 12:01 CET Taliban truck bomb hits government offices in southern…