The death of American actor Paul Walker in a car crash at the weekend provoked many tributes and reactions on social networks, but has also given rise to morbid money-making schemes.
Numerous individuals and groups have sought to cash in on the accident, either by direct auctions or by sales online. Website domain names, stickers, T-shirts and even clothes purportedly belonging to the “Fast and Furious” actor are among the items available over the internet.
- The (misspelled) domain name RemeberingPaulWalker.com: bids start at $35,000
- Paul Walker RIP sticker: $4
- "#RememberTheBuster" T-shirt: $17,99
- Shirt worn by Paul Walker on a film set: bids start at $10,000
- T-shirt worn by Paul Walker on a film set: bids start at $1,000
- Film poster for "Fast and Furious 6" signed by Paul Walker: bids start at $3,499,95
- Paul Walker's autograph : bids start at $399