Greece has got good marks from Moody’s. The ratings agency has upgraded Athens by two notches to Caa3 status.
It cited improved results in the country’s economic adjustment programme, saying that the deficit target is within reach.
Although Greece is on course to balance its budget, talks with its international creditors have hit the rocks.
The Greek finance minister announced a delay in negotiations which are crucial to unlocking 1 billion euros in bailout money.
The Troika, who received a less-than-warm welcome on their last trip, were expected in Athens on Monday but cancelled after disagreements surfaced over the implementation of further unpopular austerity measures.
Wires > News
- 15:51 CET Israeli troops say kill Palestinian attacker in West Bank
- 15:32 CET China rejects bending rule for India to join nuclear club
- 14:28 CET Dutch anti-immigrant party chief urges ‘Nexit’ referendum for…
- 14:17 CET Trump’s ‘unlimited’ wealth may not be enough to fund his campaign
- 13:18 CET Malaysia PM sacks former deputy from party, still considering…
- 11:56 CET Sinn Fein calls for Irish unity poll as Brexit fallout begins
- 11:46 CET Scotland’s future is in EU, minister says as Brexit looms
- 11:41 CET Three people killed in shootout in Turkish hospital – media