Greece has got good marks from Moody’s. The ratings agency has upgraded Athens by two notches to Caa3 status.
It cited improved results in the country’s economic adjustment programme, saying that the deficit target is within reach.
Although Greece is on course to balance its budget, talks with its international creditors have hit the rocks.
The Greek finance minister announced a delay in negotiations which are crucial to unlocking 1 billion euros in bailout money.
The Troika, who received a less-than-warm welcome on their last trip, were expected in Athens on Monday but cancelled after disagreements surfaced over the implementation of further unpopular austerity measures.
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1USA: Los Angeles police shoot homeless man dead
- 2Memorial march: “My hope for Russia has died with the death of Boris Nemtsov”
- 3EU call for unity as Spain and Portugal enter war of words with Greece
- 4Estonia votes in election amid concerns over Russia
- 5Skydiver has lucky escape after seizure at 9,000 feet
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 3eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 4English and Spanish among happiest languages | euronews, world news
- 5Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails? | euronews, world news
- 6Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 9Watch: Ukraine MPs in fierce fist fight outside parliament | euronews, world news
- 10Dramatic dashcam video captures Taiwan plane crash | euronews, world news
- 11Data ‘mocks’ claims migrants try for Europe ‘expecting’ sea rescue | euronews, world news
- 12European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 13Kosovo emptying out, hopes for independent future exhausted | euronews, world news
- 14‘Blue’ dress causes internet confusion. Is it white and gold? | euronews, world news
- 15Live updates: follow the 2015 Oscars ceremony | euronews, world news
- 16euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 17Implanted RFID chip controls office access for Stockholm workers | euronews, hi-tech
- 18Barack Obama’s silly Buzzfeed video goes viral | euronews, world news
- 19Elastic road surface reduces motorway noise pollution | euronews, futuris
- 20Canada: Valentine’s Day mass shooting plot foiled say police | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 03:09 CET FBI investigating reported shots near U.S. spy agency headquarters
- 02:26 CET U.S. House breaks impasse, passes security funding without…
- 01:20 CET Colombia detains China-flagged ship for illegal arms transport
- 01:19 CET Western leaders hint at more Russian sanctions over Ukraine
- 23:22 CET Ex-CIA chief Petraeus to plead guilty, admits giving mistress…
- 23:03 CET U.S. to respond to Venezuela’s demand to cut U.S. Embassy staff
- 22:33 CET Brazilian judge orders deportation of fugitive Italian leftist
- 22:29 CET Fugitive ex-NSA contractor Snowden seeks to come home – lawyer