28/11/13 17:43 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
A Roma community has been evicted from one the largest camps in France.
The settlement in St-Ouen, St-Denis in Paris, which was home to 800 people, was destroyed afterwards.
Officials said the operation had been carried out for security reasons.
A small number of families were rehoused.
- 1Women ‘tortured and murdered’ in German ‘House of Horrors’
- 2Political turmoil on the horizon in Turkey?
- 3Migrants in Idomeni react angrily to idea of visa-free Schengen travel for Turkey
- 4Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 5Donald Trump is set to be the Republican US presidential candidate
Wires > News
- 10:02 CET Rights group asks Nepal to probe complaints of abuse over charter…
- 09:52 CET Truce takes hold in Aleppo, one person reported killed
- 09:46 CET Malaysia’s scandal-hit Najib seeks big win in Borneo state polls
- 09:05 CET Turkey won’t hold election after ruling party changes leader -…
- 08:52 CET China and Russia to hold anti-missile drill after U.S., South…
- 08:23 CET Bangladesh Islamist party leader to hang for war crimes
- 08:20 CET City where Soviet workers rose up stays calm in Russian crisis
- 05:14 CET Panama confirms four microcephaly cases tied to Zika