23/11/13 18:33 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
French film director Georges Lautner has died in Nice aged 87 after a long illness.
He made 40 feature films, starting in the late 1950s and stretching into the mid-1990s, by which time his powers were waning.
But that was not before he made the deliciously immoral and knockabout “Les Tontons flingueurs”, 50 years young next week, and beloved as a cult movie by young and old alike.
Wires > News
- 03:11 CET China’s Xi says hopes to get Philippines ties back on track
- 02:51 CET Attempted North Korea missile launch fails – South Korean official
- 01:55 CET Brazil’s anti-corruption minister quits over leaked recordings
- 01:42 CET Ohio zoo defends safety where boy climbed barrier and gorilla died
- 01:18 CET Rio de Janeiro police arrest two men in gang-rape case
- 00:35 CET Hitler’s older brother was in fact younger and died early…
- 23:51 CET Heavy air strikes on Syria’s Idlib kill and injure dozens – monitor
- 23:23 CET Netanyahu says willing to discuss Arab initiative for peace with…