07/11/13 07:17 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
A statute of the late Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has been unveiled in the Bolivian city of Riberalta by his friend President Evo Morales.
For many in Bolivia’s Amazon basin the Venezuelan leader is revered for using his country’s oil revenues to help Morales fund numerous social programmes.
Morales who is Bolivia’s first indigenous president had formed a close bond with Chavez who died last March, often calling him “older brother”.
Wires > News
- 13:58 CET Pakistan bans airing of ‘undesired’ contraceptive advertisements
- 13:32 CET UNESCO chief sees threat from cultural destruction
- 13:17 CET Xi says China should invest more in the elderly
- 12:48 CET Pakistani PM to undergo heart surgery in London
- 11:53 CET Turkish rockets, U.S.-led coalition hit Islamic State in Syria…
- 11:43 CET Blast kills one at Bulgaria’s biggest military plant
- 11:41 CET Militants attack Nembe pipeline in Nigeria’s Delta – official
- 11:37 CET At G7, Cameron keeps lid on press pack’s ‘Brexit’ probing