There have been clashes in the Armenian capital Yerevan between police and anti-government protesters who were trying to march on the presidential palace.
The march was blocked by police. Witnesses said around 20 people were detained.
Some protesters were reportedly armed with sticks and firecrackers which they threw at police, causing several injuries.
The march was led by a prominent opposition activist. Back in March, Armenia’s Constitutional Court rejected complaints that the previous month’s presidential election had been rigged.
The vote saw President Sarksyan re-elected to a second term but independent monitors said the ballot lacked real competition.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 5Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 6It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 9Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 10Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 11How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 12Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 13Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 14ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 15Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 16International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 17International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 18International news | euronews, latest international news
- 19Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 20eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
Wires > News
- 11:11 CET Former deputy’s graft sentence casts shadow on Iran’s Ahmadinejad
- 10:38 CET China, Taiwan to seek cooperation as heads of ruling parties meet
- 06:38 CET Dozens tried for mob killing of Afghan woman that sparked outcry
- 01:09 CET Amnesty says Egypt using courts and jail to intimidate journalists
- 22:08 CET Yemeni Houthis call on U.N. to end Saudi strikes – statement
- 21:59 CET Tsunami warnings lifted after quake off Japan – NHK
- 21:25 CET Suspected rebels attack army in northern Malian town
- 21:08 CET France says confidence restored with Germany after spy claims