Four Somali men have been charged with helping the al-Shabaab extremists who attacked a shopping mall, killing at least 67 people.
The four are accused of supporting a terrorist group by giving shelter to the attackers in their homes in the Somali neighbourhood of Eastleigh in Nairobi as well as being in Kenya illegally.
None of them is accused of being involved in the shooting. The Kenyan army has said all four of the attackers died during the siege.
There are still few details about how the September attack on the Westgate shopping centre was masterminded or how gunmen held off Kenyan security forces for four days during the siege.
Somali Islamic militant group Al Shabaab has said it carried out the attack in retaliation for the Kenyan army being in Somalia where it is part of an African peacekeeping force.
The accused were named as Mohamed Ahmed Abdi, Liban Abdullah Omar and Hussein Hassan. A fourth was identified as Adan Mohamed Ibrahim, although he was listed as using other aliases.
Their trial is expected to start on November 11. The men have been remanded in custody until then.
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1Greece warned against reversing austerity as it rejects bailout administrators
- 2Funeral of singer Demis Roussos held in Athens
- 344 police commandos killed in anti-terror op mourned in Philippines
- 4‘Positive signs’ Greece will work together with lenders to reach deal
- 5‘Only Russia’ dangerously probes British airspace, says source
- 1French co-pilot was at controls of doomed AirAsia passenger plane say investigators
- 2Council of Europe suspends Russian voting rights over Ukraine
- 3What’s the link between WW1 and Hungary’s 675,000 new citizens?
- 4Memories of rebel control in Kramatorsk
- 5Prisoner exchange in eastern Ukraine, as witnessed by euronews
- 1Greek elections: SYRIZA on course to win, but may fall short of majority
- 2German men ‘can use toilet while standing’, judge rules
- 3French co-pilot was at controls of doomed AirAsia passenger plane say investigators
- 4No word on Japanese hostages after ISIL deadline passes
- 5Thailand: Army urges respect for Yingluck Shinawatra impeachment
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2The power of the pen: Cartoonists worldwide react to the Charlie Hebdo attack | euronews, world news
- 3Immigration, racism in sport and the rise of extremism – Cantona shares his views | euronews, interview
- 4[LIVE] 12 dead after gun attack at French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo | euronews, world news
- 5[LIVE NOW] Massive unity rally in Paris, with similar marches in other French cities | euronews, world news
- 6Muslim groups fear backlash after terrorist attacks in Paris | euronews, news
- 7[LIVE] Confusion over reports two killed in Paris shootout, as police close in on Charlie Hebdo suspects | euronews, world news
- 8“ISIL is the baby of George W Bush” | euronews, news
- 9Medieval Bruges is to get its own underground beer pipeline | euronews, world news
- 10Almost four million turn out for unity rallies across France | euronews, world news
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13A defiant Charlie Hebdo: it’s not the front page the terrorists would’ve wanted | euronews, world news
- 14Key questions around the Charlie Hebdo killings go unanswered | euronews, world news
- 15Getting to know Sir Tony and “the world’s greatest tenor” | euronews, musica
- 16HarperCollins wipes Israel off the map | euronews, world news
- 17euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 18eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 19Grim task of retrieving bodies after wreckage of missing AirAsia plane found | euronews, world news
- 20Charlie Hebdo: Israeli paper deletes women from Paris march | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 01:21 CET Exclusive – U.N. support for Congo campaign against Rwanda rebels…
- 00:02 CET Mexico tests DNA of babies who survived blast in search for parents
- 23:31 CET Republican Romney opts out of 2016 run for president
- 22:55 CET Dozens detained in Austrian ball protests
- 22:54 CET Turmoil at congress of Germany party swiping votes from Merkel
- 22:28 CET Islamic State attacks Kurdish outposts across Iraq
- 22:13 CET Venezuela confirms it shot down plane near Aruba
- 19:42 CET EU-wide toll could end road spat with Germany – transport chief