In the new animated film ‘Free Birds’ Reggie the Turkey – voiced by Owen Wilson – has been pardoned by the President of the United States. He lives a comfortable life at Camp David enjoying pizza deliveries and watching TV.
Then he is captured by Jake – voiced by Woody Harrelson – the president (and only member) of the Turkey’s Liberation Front.
Jake persuades Reggie to team up and hijack a time machine to go back and change the course of history.
The mission? To change the very first Thanksgiving in 1621 to prevent turkeys from becoming the traditional holiday meal once and for all.
Actor Owen Wilson explained the philosophy of the movie: “I think that every kid goes through that pressure to fit in and I think that the way this movie addresses that in thinking about your fellow man, that’s a nice message in helping other people and not always putting yourself first.”
Amy Poehler plays the role of Jenny, a turkey and Reggie’s love interest. Poehler joked that the film won’t cater to those looking for cheap turkey sound effects: “I cannot do any good animal noises. Luckily I was never asked to. Nobody stooped to asking me to do any kind of gobble. It’s not that kind of movie. If you’re looking for gobbles, you’re not going to get that here, okay, if you’re looking for cheap gobbles, then keep walking. This is not the movie for you.”
‘Free Birds’ hits Europe from the end of October.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 5Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 10Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 11NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 12Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 13‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 14Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 15Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 19Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 20Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe