25/10/13 11:57 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
In the new animated film ‘Free Birds’ Reggie the Turkey – voiced by Owen Wilson – has been pardoned by the President of the United States. He lives a comfortable life at Camp David enjoying pizza deliveries and watching TV.
Then he is captured by Jake – voiced by Woody Harrelson – the president (and only member) of the Turkey’s Liberation Front.
Jake persuades Reggie to team up and hijack a time machine to go back and change the course of history.
The mission? To change the very first Thanksgiving in 1621 to prevent turkeys from becoming the traditional holiday meal once and for all.
Actor Owen Wilson explained the philosophy of the movie: “I think that every kid goes through that pressure to fit in and I think that the way this movie addresses that in thinking about your fellow man, that’s a nice message in helping other people and not always putting yourself first.”
Amy Poehler plays the role of Jenny, a turkey and Reggie’s love interest. Poehler joked that the film won’t cater to those looking for cheap turkey sound effects: “I cannot do any good animal noises. Luckily I was never asked to. Nobody stooped to asking me to do any kind of gobble. It’s not that kind of movie. If you’re looking for gobbles, you’re not going to get that here, okay, if you’re looking for cheap gobbles, then keep walking. This is not the movie for you.”
‘Free Birds’ hits Europe from the end of October.
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 4International news | euronews, latest international news
- 51000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 6latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 7European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 8world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 9Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 10New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 11Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 14Egypt armed forces chief Abdul Fattah al-Sisi – a man of destiny
- 15Latest sport news
- 16Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad
- 17Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 18‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 19No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary
- 20‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis