In the new animated film ‘Free Birds’ Reggie the Turkey – voiced by Owen Wilson – has been pardoned by the President of the United States. He lives a comfortable life at Camp David enjoying pizza deliveries and watching TV.
Then he is captured by Jake – voiced by Woody Harrelson – the president (and only member) of the Turkey’s Liberation Front.
Jake persuades Reggie to team up and hijack a time machine to go back and change the course of history.
The mission? To change the very first Thanksgiving in 1621 to prevent turkeys from becoming the traditional holiday meal once and for all.
Actor Owen Wilson explained the philosophy of the movie: “I think that every kid goes through that pressure to fit in and I think that the way this movie addresses that in thinking about your fellow man, that’s a nice message in helping other people and not always putting yourself first.”
Amy Poehler plays the role of Jenny, a turkey and Reggie’s love interest. Poehler joked that the film won’t cater to those looking for cheap turkey sound effects: “I cannot do any good animal noises. Luckily I was never asked to. Nobody stooped to asking me to do any kind of gobble. It’s not that kind of movie. If you’re looking for gobbles, you’re not going to get that here, okay, if you’re looking for cheap gobbles, then keep walking. This is not the movie for you.”
‘Free Birds’ hits Europe from the end of October.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 7Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9Why World Elephant Day matters
- 10International news | euronews, latest international news
- 11UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
latest cinema news
‘No Escape’ puts Owen Wilson’s family in peril
“The 33” digs into 2010 Chilean mining rescue and media circus
Rap biopic rules Hollywood as NWA stay top for second week
3D animation brings Polish World War Two hero to life
Efron takes dancehall vibe to big screen in “We Are Your Friends”