19/10/13 09:41 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Australian Prime Minster Tony Abbott has been inspecting damage caused by the country’s wildfires.
At least one person has died and nearly 200 homes have been destroyed in the Blue Mountains of New South Wales since fires began raging on Thursday.
Fuelled by unseasonably high temperatures and strong winds, the fires have forced thousands of people to flee.
- 1Massive petition calls for EU referendum re-run
- 2What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 3David Cameron’s “unacceptable behaviour” to blame over referendum defeat, Oettinger tells euronews
- 4EU foreign ministers demand quick divorce from Britain
- 5‘No need to be nasty’ Merkel wants clear-headed Brexit talks
Wires > News
- 03:11 CET Malaysian PM Najib to unveil new cabinet on Monday- media report
- 03:08 CET Russia secures energy deals, talks security with China as Putin…
- 02:58 CET Somali Islamist militants attack hotel in Mogadishu
- 02:57 CET New York Times fashion photographer Bill Cunningham dies at 87
- 02:24 CET Expanded Panama Canal – Bigger ships, bigger paydays for beans…
- 00:44 CET Germany’s Merkel signals sober separation from EU ‘partner’ Britain
- 22:42 CET Colombia to offer tax breaks for development under peace deal
- 20:40 CET South Sudan forces, armed groups clash, displacing civilians – U.N