Scottish indie rock band Glasvegas are back with a new album.
The Glaswegian foursome, which has toured with U2, Kings of Leon and Oasis, burst onto the airwaves in 2003 with their distinctive melancholic sound.
“Later… When The TV Turns To Static” is the title track from the eponymous album.
Lead singer and guitarist James Allan explained the meaning behind it:
“I guess it’s a song that I was writing, kind of about the place between what has just happened, a chapter that has just passed, and moving into the next chapter, the new dawn, that in-between place, where the unknown lies ahead, the mystery lies ahead, and that can be quite scary,” he said.
It’s Swedish drummer Jonna Löfgren’s first album with Glasvegas after she joined the band in 2010.
How was it for her?
“I don’t feel the pressure from outside. (…) It’s mostly just the pressure you put on yourself. You just want to make it as good as you can for yourself. No one else from the outside can come and say anything different. If you are happy with it, then that’s it,” she said.
The album has earned mixed reviews. While critics point to little if any evolution in the band’s sound, fans are glad to see them return with an album “packed with the same heart and turmoil that have become their bruised trademark”.
Glasvegas are currently on tour across Europe.
“Later… When The TV Turns To Static” is out now in the UK.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 13Latest News Bulletin
- 14Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union