01/10/13 20:27 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Speaking at the 68th session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned that the rapprochement moves initiated by new Iranian President Hassan Rohani are a ruse and a ploy to get the painful sanctions against Tehran lifted.
Netanyahu said: “Rohani doesn’t sound like Ahmadinejad but when it comes to Iran’s nuclear weapons program the only difference between them is this: Ahmadinejad was a wolf in wolf’s clothing. Rohani is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. A wolf who thinks he can pull the wool over the eyes of the international community.”
He urged the UN to keep the pressure on Iran – to retain sanctions and lift them only when Iran’s nuclear programme is dismantled.
Netanyahu made it clear that Israel would never allow Iran to have a nuclear arsenal.
Wires > News
- 13:17 CET Xi says China should invest more in the elderly
- 12:48 CET Pakistani PM to undergo heart surgery in London
- 11:53 CET Turkish rockets, U.S.-led coalition hit Islamic State in Syria…
- 11:43 CET Blast kills one at Bulgaria’s biggest military plant
- 11:41 CET Militants attack Nembe pipeline in Nigeria’s Delta – official
- 11:37 CET At G7, Cameron keeps lid on press pack’s ‘Brexit’ probing
- 09:55 CET Australia police use pepper spray as nationalists clash with…
- 07:39 CET Outrage in multi-ethnic Malaysia as government backs Islamic law