01/10/13 20:27 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Speaking at the 68th session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned that the rapprochement moves initiated by new Iranian President Hassan Rohani are a ruse and a ploy to get the painful sanctions against Tehran lifted.
Netanyahu said: “Rohani doesn’t sound like Ahmadinejad but when it comes to Iran’s nuclear weapons program the only difference between them is this: Ahmadinejad was a wolf in wolf’s clothing. Rohani is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. A wolf who thinks he can pull the wool over the eyes of the international community.”
He urged the UN to keep the pressure on Iran – to retain sanctions and lift them only when Iran’s nuclear programme is dismantled.
Netanyahu made it clear that Israel would never allow Iran to have a nuclear arsenal.
- 1Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 2Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
- 3Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 4Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’
- 5What is behind Turkey’s recent diplomatic push?
Wires > News
- 12:46 CET China’s Xi urges caution over U.S. missile deployment in South…
- 12:42 CET Turkey’s Erdogan and Russia’s Putin agree to revive mutual…
- 12:17 CET Italy raises wreck of migrant boat that sank, killing hundreds, in…
- 12:16 CET Iraqi forces say press towards key air base south of Mosul
- 12:11 CET Istanbul airport attack killed 23 Turkish citizens, 13 foreign…
- 12:05 CET Erdogan’s phone call with Putin ‘very productive’ – Turkish…
- 11:58 CET New Philippine defence chief says militant threat more pressing…
- 10:00 CET India’s top court refuses to hear gay-sex ban challenge