29/09/13 09:56 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
US civil rights activist Jesse Jackson has accepted a request by Colombia’s FARC rebels to oversee the release of a former US marine they kidnapped in June.
A meeting took place between the two parties in Havana over Kevin Scott Sutay’s liberation.
The Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos has reportedly denied Jackson’s involvement.
- 1What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 2UK votes to leave the EU, Cameron to quit as PM
- 3Brexit: what happens now?
- 4Brexit begins, Cameron to leave, Scotland First Minister says Scottish independence likely next
- 5A quiet afternoon at the cinema ends in terror in Germany
Wires > News
- 12:44 CET Malaysia PM sacks former deputy from party, says still mulling…
- 11:56 CET Sinn Fein calls for Irish unity poll as Brexit fallout begins
- 11:46 CET Scotland’s future is in EU, minister says as Brexit looms
- 11:41 CET Three people killed in shootout in Turkish hospital – media
- 10:10 CET Spain to seek co-sovereignty on Gibraltar after Brexit
- 07:17 CET Dutch anti-immigration leader Wilders calls for Dutch referendum…
- 07:09 CET China rejects bending rule for India to join nuclear club
- 03:25 CET Japan’s ruling coalition headed for hefty win in upper house poll…