25/09/13 16:08 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Gay activists who protested outside the 2014 Sochi Olympics organising committee headquarters have been arrested.
Several held up banners while police and unidentified security officers in plain clothes detained them.
Earlier this year Russia passed a controversial anti-gay propaganda law.
Russia hosts the Winter Olympics in the Black Sea resort of Sochi next year.
- 1Groundbreaking study sheds light on Neanderthal life
- 2Germany: #Cutesolidarity response to Kinder chocolate controversy
- 3In the EU ‘one in three deaths of under-75s is avoidable,’ says Eurostat
- 4Germany’s carrot and stick approach to refugee integration
- 5Hero’s welcome for Ukraine pilot Nadiya Savchenko after Russia prisoner swap
Wires > News
- 03:07 CET Colombia’s ELN rebels free three kidnapped journalists
- 02:31 CET Global airport trade group opposes new checkpoints after attacks
- 02:19 CET Lebanese Hezbollah ministers, MPs could be hit by U.S. law – …
- 00:50 CET U.S. ‘concerned’ about Libyan-Americans on trial in UAE – official
- 23:15 CET No new signal from EgyptAir jet since day of crash, search…
- 23:08 CET Poll gives Peru’s Fujimori 5.8 point lead a week before election
- 22:55 CET Putin says Romania, Poland may now be in Russia’s cross-hairs
- 22:51 CET U.S. lawmakers want Obama to impose sanctions on Congo