25/09/13 16:08 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Gay activists who protested outside the 2014 Sochi Olympics organising committee headquarters have been arrested.
Several held up banners while police and unidentified security officers in plain clothes detained them.
Earlier this year Russia passed a controversial anti-gay propaganda law.
Russia hosts the Winter Olympics in the Black Sea resort of Sochi next year.
Latest world news
Kenya burns huge ivory stockpile calling for ban on trade
Hundreds arrested as German anti-immigrant AfD party congress begins
Iraq: al-Sadr supporters storm Baghdad Green Zone and parliament
Sweden celebrates 70th birthday of King Carl XVI Gustaf
Iraq: al Sadr supporters storm Green Zone and parliament
Wires > News
- 20:11 CET Saudi hands over Houthi prisoners as Yemen peace efforts inch…
- 19:49 CET Obama takes final bow at star-studded Washington dinner
- 19:46 CET Aleppo bombed as Syrian army begins ‘calm’ plan elsewhere
- 19:18 CET Egypt puts on trial 237 activists for protests against Sisi -…
- 19:05 CET Germany’s Merkel under attack at anti-immigration rally marred by…
- 17:36 CET Serbian opposition rallies in Belgrade demanding election recount
- 16:57 CET Al Qaeda in Yemen confirms retreat from port city of Mukalla
- 16:55 CET Taiwan DPP condemns latest deportation of Taiwanese to China