25/09/13 16:08 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Gay activists who protested outside the 2014 Sochi Olympics organising committee headquarters have been arrested.
Several held up banners while police and unidentified security officers in plain clothes detained them.
Earlier this year Russia passed a controversial anti-gay propaganda law.
Russia hosts the Winter Olympics in the Black Sea resort of Sochi next year.
- 1Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 2What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 3Lionel Messi retires from international football
- 4Paris and Berlin agree on a strategy following Britain’s shock exit vote
- 5Iceland’s new President Gudni Johannesson off to France for the football
Wires > News
- 15:07 CET Europe presses Britain for swift exit to limit global fallout
- 14:47 CET U.N. urges Sri Lanka to rein in military, prosecute war crimes
- 14:29 CET Myanmar court lays new charges against Saffron Revolution leader
- 14:15 CET German cabinet agrees to tighten control over spy agency
- 14:08 CET Spain arrests 14 suspected of fraud at high speed rail project
- 13:42 CET Turkey allows more patrol flights on Syria border by NATO allies -…
- 13:31 CET Lebanon fears new terror wave after multiple suicide attack
- 12:55 CET Afghan media groups decry rise in violence against journalists