25/09/13 00:46 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Israeli troops scuffled with Palestinian youths in the West Bank city of Hebron as they hunted for the suspected killer of an Israeli soldier.
The 20-year-old had been shot in a suspected sniper attack when he was on patrol during a Jewish festival.
Tension has flared in the area following both Sunday’s killing and the death of another Israeli soldier in a separate incident in northern West Bank a few days earlier.
There have also been clashes near Jerusalem’s Old city walls.
A week ago a Palestinian militant was killed in a confrontation with Israeli forces, the fourth Palestinian fatality since July when stalled US-brokered peace talks resumed.
Israeli cabinet ministers have urged the country’s prime minister to rethink negotiations with the Palestinian Authority following the deaths of the soldiers.
- 1Massive petition calls for EU referendum re-run
- 2Iceland’s new President Gudni Johannesson off to France for the footy
- 3Millions sign referendum re-run petition
- 4What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 5David Cameron’s “unacceptable behaviour” to blame over referendum defeat, Oettinger tells euronews
- 1What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 2Will English remain as the de facto EU official language?
- 3David Cameron’s “unacceptable behaviour” to blame over referendum defeat, Oettinger tells euronews
- 4Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty explained
- 5EU friendly London shocked after Britain vote to leave
Latest world news
Turkey and Israel agree to normalise ties after rift over Israeli navy killing of 10 Turkish pro-Palestinian activists in 2010
French fans ecstatic after making the quarter finals
Pope Francis leaves Armenia
Thousands attend inauguration of enlarged Panama Canal
Italian mafia boss captured in mountain village
Wires > News
- 20:08 CET Italy rescues over 3,300 migrants over weekend
- 20:01 CET Pride parade steps off in New York under Orlando’s shadow
- 19:41 CET Israel and Turkey agree to normalise ties – senior Israeli official
- 18:55 CET Turkish police fire tear gas in Istanbul to disperse Gay Pride…
- 18:51 CET Italy arrests second most wanted mafia boss
- 17:57 CET Iraqi commander declares defeat of Islamic State in Falluja
- 17:54 CET Fallout from British EU vote alarms Asia, deepens party conflicts
- 17:31 CET Rosatom’s global nuclear ambition cramped by Kremlin politics