Israeli troops scuffled with Palestinian youths in the West Bank city of Hebron as they hunted for the suspected killer of an Israeli soldier.
The 20-year-old had been shot in a suspected sniper attack when he was on patrol during a Jewish festival.
Tension has flared in the area following both Sunday’s killing and the death of another Israeli soldier in a separate incident in northern West Bank a few days earlier.
There have also been clashes near Jerusalem’s Old city walls.
A week ago a Palestinian militant was killed in a confrontation with Israeli forces, the fourth Palestinian fatality since July when stalled US-brokered peace talks resumed.
Israeli cabinet ministers have urged the country’s prime minister to rethink negotiations with the Palestinian Authority following the deaths of the soldiers.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 7Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 8European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 9How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 14All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 15International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 16US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 17US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 18euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 19Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
- 20Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
Wires > News
- 23:59 CET Germany’s Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform – Sunday…
- 23:42 CET Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- 23:00 CET Brazil’s election too close to call on eve of runoff
- 22:08 CET Egypt eyes legal restrictions, military measures after Sinai…
- 21:42 CET Ebola death toll tops 4,900 as virus spreads – WHO
- 21:36 CET Canadians flock to Parliament Hill, site of attack on soldier
- 21:30 CET In rural Tunisia, economic malaise weighs on voters
- 21:24 CET Lebanon army fights gunmen in Tripoli, six soldiers killed